Followers

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

12 in 2015 Journal: PHOTO HEAVY

The front cover
I have joined a new group of art journalists this year.  They goal is 12 pages in 2015 and was created by Nini, HERE.  I decided to "make" my journal for this instead of using one of my mix media 9 x 12 inch journals.  I did use 110lb card stock for the pages so it would hold up to some light mixed media.

starting to punch the cs for the journal
I also decided to use a binding system I have ( one of three :O ) and some old cs for the covers.

preparing to add the cardboard to the middle for stability
 
I use lots of glue and double sided tape to secure the cardboard to the cs.
 
covers are finished and dry, now time to design the cover

Gesso and modeling paste were added.  Yes, it wrinkled but once it dried it stretched back flat.
The FUN part, getting all inky
There is a few steps I didn't get pictures of.  From here I added an other light coat of Gesso and the used Lumiere Gold Pearlescent paint.  To get  the textures to pop a bit, they were rubbed with Gesso and my finger....LOL
I used sticker numbers and letters for the title

laying out of some words
The start of the first page.  Nini does have prompts, but only if you want to use them.  For this month the prompts were:  Beginnings, friends and a bonus: Washi tape!  I chose all three, I was feeling up to a good challenge.......grin

Here is the finished page, colored and doodled, with some Washi tape.  There are many different ways to share you journals, if you should decide to join the group.  Just check out her blog HERE.
 
Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek at what's starting to happen here this new year.
 
Inky Hugs
Krisha
 

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I love to observe the process behind someone's work and I just love what you've done so far. Thank you so much for sharing this Krisha. I hope this will remain a fun little project for you :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This journal is simply GORGEOUS. I am so, so impressed. I love the cover, and the way you made the pages, too. This looks like you and this project were simply made for each other!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! I like the idea of making your own journal. Your are a clever one.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are very creative! I have yet to make my own journal!! lol Love the background you created for the cover and look forward to seeing your pages!

    ReplyDelete