I've been busy.......really, I have!

....and here are three cards to prove it ( well part of it, still a few things on the back burner waiting for a challenge to begin) This first one is my Victorian Valentine. The big red heart is a stamp from Rubber Stampede, stamped on a glossy white cs, with red ink and embossed with clear. I took a red marker and colored over it creating a resist, to make the heart shaded darker a the bottom, then trimmed it out. The paper and lace are scraps left from here and there. The die cuts are from K & Company. I have a whole bag of these and love all of them. Everything is layered onto a floral paper, then onto a dark green cs and then onto a white card.






This second card has an image that is one of my favorites (I know I keep saying that LOL, but it is true!!) The shoe is from Rubber Necker and I have created this shoe in as many ways as possible, just so much fun to play with. I stamped it on white cs and embossed with clear. I colored in the sole with black marker, then trimmed it out. The sole was then covered with glossy accents and red rhinestones were placed in each dot. ( sure glad I got them on sale, it takes quite a few to do this and in TWO sizes!) I found a scrap of vellum w/ gold hearts on it and
mounted that onto white cs, the onto black glossy, and tieing the ribbon at the bottom. This was all mounted onto a red glossy card, that is white in the middle. The upper sentiment is from Uptown Rubber Stamps. The inside reads " Chocolate does the rest" and it is from The Boyds Collection. I'll glue a small bite size candy bar underneath it just before I mail it out. I wish this scan could show off the glossy, and sparkly parts of the card.



This third card shows off a stamp from Stamp Zia, her
stuff is sooo cool ! Sometimes black and white just seem so clean and crisp, but not always easy to do when you are used to using so much color. I did manage to glitz it up with some clear and black rhinestones (I tell ya I found a stash of these things on sale at Michael's)
So these are my three new cards.
I have also started an art journal and will post some of the pages. So far only two pages are finished, but I have discovered what a release it is to just sit and stamp, color and experiment with no expected end results; and if I don't like it I just rip out the page and start over again. Sometime I wish Life could be like that, getting a "do over!" Thanks for stopping by and taking a look at my three new cards.


Comments

Terry said…
I agree that you have creatively busy. Love all three, but the shoe is so unique! Enjoy the rest of the weekend!
Anonymous said…
Fabulous cards. Love those sentiments and must look out for some of the Stamp Zia products. xx
2amscrapper said…
What a lovely variety of style and techniques. I love the sentiments with that unique shoe. Helene
Michele said…
that valentine is the best! love all your work. xo
Valerie-Jael said…
Three lovely cards, all different, all wonderful!