The Second Time on April 2nd

 
Taking a look back
click here for details
 
Since it is the 2nd day of a new month it is time to look back in time for a second look.
This month I have chosen to share the first three pages of my very first art journal........way before I started  really getting into mixed media journaling.  They were done early in 2009.
 


This poor book had been in my lunch bag and a bottle of water had leaked and gotten the bottom of all the pages wet, I didn't notice it and a little mildew set in.  I had torn off all the ruined paper and some on the pages got an overlay, and some I just incorporated the torn pages into the design......then I bought a brand new journal.....................

I still have this journal, and I really did do more pages, but never finished it......it got rather thick with all the added papers to make the pages square again....LOL  Every once in a while I take it off the shelf and look through it.

Thanks for stopping by, let me know you were here.
Inky Hugs
Krisha

Comments

Mary Ann Potter said…
Your journal is so pretty!!! I enjoy looking through my older art pieces, too. Your pages here are beautiful --- so glad you shared them.
That's a wonderful way to salvage an art journal. Water and paper simply don't mix, and mold is one of the first things to show after the bent and bumpy pages are dry. I'm so glad you were able to save what you had started, because it's not just the memories that help, it's a way to remember where you were art wise. I find it's very helpful to look back, because I sometimes think I probably did much better work when I first started.

Thank you for sharing these salvaged pages with us for a Second look on the 2nd.
voodoo vixen said…
Lovely to be able to get it out and look back at the beginnings of your journalling hourney even if it got damaged.
dawn said…
Hello, thank you for sharing pages from your first art journal. These are gorgeous!! Sorry to hear about the water spill. I like going back over my old art too, neat to see what I've changed or still like. Thanks for sharing.
Halle said…
I'm loving this looking back at old projects...most are new to me!
Wonder way to make the best of the journal even after the water damage.
That was a great save Krisha! I thought you had planned it that way! In my eyes it just adds another layer and dimension. Even older work can be inspiring to someone (me) if not ourselves! Have a wonderful holiday weekend!
johanna said…
it seems that "enjoy the journey" just was the right start into journaling! and it still is fun, isn´t it?
~*~Patty S said…
How fun to look back and still be able to enjoy your first art journal Krisha.
Good save on what could have been a total disaster...it looks great!
Happy April
Happy Spring
Happy Happy Everything!
oxo
jinxxxygirl said…
You've come a long way baby!!! Love to see where your art journaling began. I cannot wait to get back to swapping postcards with you. Things will get back to normal... some day. Hugs! deb
Darla said…
I'm almost a week behind in commenting. Eep!

I enjoyed looking at your first pages. I think looking back at our early work is interesting.

Darla