Almost a Year has Gone By.......

 Well, hello!  I almost fell off my chair when I saw my last post was December 26 OF LAST YEAR!!
I will confess that I have logged on and went "lurking" about Blogland from time to time through out the year........I'm not really sure why I stopped blogging, it just seemed to happen. :(  I use my phone for pictures so much that I almost forget how to use my camera.........so there is that excuse.  As you all know it take some time to download photos form any device, edit and then upload them to you blog.......so there is that excuse. Then there is the time required to visit those who have graciously commented..............so there is that excuse!  I could keep going but I know they are all just excuses I have handed myself. 

We STILL have NOT gotten the new house even started, but we stand on the threshold of beginning.  My husband is such a procrastinator,  so plans were constantly gone over to see if there needed to be any changes...................made me so mad I refused to look at them, and that didn't resonate very well LOL! I finally wised up and hit him where it hurts......in the wallet! I sat down and figured out how much we have spent in rent and how much more we were going to end up paying before we actually would move in.................BINGO!!! He got things in gear!! Then it took the county FOREVER to give us the permit to build.  We are waiting for the final word from California Veterans about the construction loan........which, hopefully will be before the new year, but I have quit holding my breath on these things.....................I kept passing out....LOL!!!!!  

So just what have I been doing?????  I took this year and got a little more serious about my painting.  I have gotten some done that I am happy enough to show them in February, at the Shafter Colours Festival.  I still get together with friends and just do fun paintings......they are good practice.
                                                         Here are some of them.
12"X 12" Red Poppy


16"X 20" White Roses


12"X 24" Cotton


12"X 12" Music

12"X 12" Feather
24"X 30" Abandoned Barn 

20"X 24" Windmill

12"X 36" Farm Fresh Flowers

There are a few more, but this post is getting quite long. 
I have friends that still come over once a week for Bible Art Journaling, that is always a lot of fun and the fellowship is great.

I even took time off from making cards and and art journaling this year.  Now I have gone through all my reserve cards and have been wanting to start again :)  

This weekend is when we will be celebrating our Christmas, as the kids from San Diego will be here. A full house always makes it more festive!

So here is where I am going to stop and wish everyone who stops by a Very Merry Christmas. 
I truly and planning on getting back to blogging again.......I missed all of you!!


Comments

I was SO happy to read you were well. I have been worried about you and even asked Deb a couple of times about you, too. Your paintings are superb. You should find a gallery and see if you can sell them. They are simply stunning. I really think they are sale worthy, dear Krisha.

Have a super Christmas and a fun, safe holiday. Hope to see you blogging again soon, too.
So wonderful to hear from you! I'm so pleased to hear that everything is moving forward with your house now and smiled at your comments about remembering to breathe ...lol 😉. Wow, your paintings are amazing 😁. The feather and abandoned barn caught my eye - stunning! Take care and wishing you a very Merry Christmas too! J 😊 x
Hi Krisha-nice to hear that life is going on and all is well. Hope 2019 brings you the start of house construction. And maybe we;ll see you back for an occasional T day. Merry Christmas. Hugs-Erika
jinxxxygirl said…
Krisha!!!!!! Hello woman!! So , so good to hear from you!!! And you come bringing artwork! Like Elizabeth said.. they are STUNNING!! Wow! That poppy!! Beautiful work Krisha! I look forward to seeing you around these parts again. Merry merry Christmas! Hugs! deb
Rita said…
Oh my! So good to hear from you. Your paintings are beautiful! That red poppy and the falling feather won my heart. Glad to see you back. I hope you can get things started on the new home. :)
Meggymay said…
Hello Krisha it was lovely to see and read a post of your again. Your paintings all look beautiful and it is good that things are on the move with your new home.
I hope you have a very Happy Christmas and my best wishes to you and your family for the coming year.
Yvonne x
Darnell said…
When I saw your post in my inbox, I thought, "Is that my Krisha or someone else?" And it's YOU! Thank you for the update and for sharing your incredible works of art! You well and truly are an artist and I can see why your main focus is on that! Even so, I would love to see you back and making cards and blogging. I wish you all kinds of good luck that the new build goes smoothly and doesn't get bogged down by procrastinators!! 🎄Happy Christmas and Happy Holiday Hugs, Darnell
Monica said…
rarely comment on any thing. BAd year healthwise and even stopped creating. The spirit emerged as I participated in an advent (secular) calendar with Kasia Avery, my usual messy style nothing like the wonderful art you have created. So happy to see you are exploring your huge art talent. Happiness and joy in the new house.
MUch Love Monica