Brown Pear?


While trying to straighten up my craft / stamping / scrapbooking area I came across 3 or 4 of this pear stamped and colored in different colors. It took me a minute to remember just when I had done them. Well the year was 2001, can you believe that? I had spent the summer with my right wrist is a cast, then a month after they took the cast off I had knee surgery. So while on crutches I would hobble back here stamp the images and then sit and color them. On the right side of the card I added some copper foiling, I forgot it and the glue got a lot drier than it was supposed to be, but the effect was better than I figured. (Who knew?) I did age it a little with some brown ink, then added the background stamp. Everything was the same color, huummmm. Matting the pear on the black made it pop. A little wire the same burnt red as the pear was added for some texture and dimension. The pear is from Rubber Stampede and the pear words are from A Stamp in the Hand.

Comments