In the Garden

http://sirstampalotchallenge.blogspot.com/ The Challenge is in the garden.......such a good theme for this time of year as everybody is starting to think about flowers as the weather starts to warm....or is it just wishful thinking???    For the background I chose a pieces of water color paper and used water color pencil oi create the grass and flowers, then washed it with water to soften the effect.  The image was stamped and again I used water color pencils to color it in.  I trimmed the image and used pop dots to raise it off the background.  I layered it on yellow then dark green and added a piece of ribbon from a wrapped scone. (yes, I keep every scrap of ribbon)  Ali over at http://www.vintagepagedesigns.blogspot.com/ also threw down the gauntlet of using up some of the stash.  So I have taken her up on it and only stash materials were used on this card.  My stash has reached mountain size and I really need to get a ton of it used up...........so I can replace it with more LOL.  The image for this card is an old trust worthy from PSX.  Had it for years and I am still in love with it.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Lovely! I really like how you did the grass! I can never get grass right :)
Shelley said…
Beautiful coloring, love it! Bet it took some good light and steady hands to cut the image, so well worth it!
Alexa said…
A great card for this time of year!