Rising to the Challenge a Twofer

All right! A new week has begun.........Wooohooo!  Mondays have gotten such a bad wrap over the years.....having to "go" to work made me feel the same way, but retirement has changed the light on Mondays.....for me anyway. 

My weekend was a total "wash out"!  With DH home we just puttered around here....watched a lot of TV ....er....he did.  I'm the one that just puttered around.  We did go to the Spring Home and Garden
Show Sunday......but I'll cover that later.

If you dropped by last week, you will recall I have been on a card marathon.......no, not one with a prize for finishing, or anything like that.  Just one made up in my own mind...*grin*  My cell phone has the Pinterest app on it.....yeah, I've gone tekkkkie.....LOL  So, while DH is watching all "his" programs I usually sit and play Word with Friends and scroll through Pinterest.  I found a card I wanted to CASE
hand crafted card from Birgit ... dots stenciled on for background texture in the middle of the card ... die cut daisy top on stamped stem ... sentiment of top of that ... kraft base ... delightful ...:
This pretty card was made by Biggan at http://bigganed.blogspot.ca/ BEAUTIFUL cards on this blog, full of wonderful color (well maybe not this card)  enough eye candy worth looking at.
 
 
I did play around with this mixed media idea on quite a few cards......yes I really carried away.....no I won't post them all in this post......but be warned!
 
Modeling past, through a stencil, for the background.......really easy eh?  Really easy to keep grabbing card stock after card stock until......................ya, it went THAT far.....LOL
The flowers are die cuts of TH Tattered Flowers, cut in half and then layered back together, using a circle die, cut in half for the centers.  I used a white Gel pen to make the marks on the petals....they were just a little too flat looking for me.  The mighty use of Gina Marie's stitching dies created the layers and the sentiment piece.  THAT sentiment stamp has been around here for so long I wasn't sure it would even make an impression any longer.
 
 
Next up is a little different rendition of the  same mixed media idea.    I used a stamp, or part of a stamp, for the stem and leaves....then color washed them with marker.  The navy blue is really denim....that's right denim!  I bought a roll of it with an adhesive backing on it.  It WILL die cut with the thinner dies....but not real well.  I bought the denim to use for a journal cover, and if I don't quit "playing" with it there won't be enough left to cover a journal.....LOL!

I am going to enter both of these in
Grab our Badge
challenge: RED

...............and it is about to close so I better get there and get it done... then I'll have some time to visit the others that have also joined........the DT work is fantastic and worth a look too!

Thanks for stopping by...
Inky Hugs
Krisha


 
 

Comments

Barb said…
They're two lovely daisy cards Krisha. I especially like the second card with the yellow matt.

So you're a techie now ... I could use some lessons! Barbxx
Granmargaret said…
Lovely work. Thank you for joining the challenge at More Mixed Media. Hope to see you again next time.
Granmargaret
DT for More Mixed Media
Granmargaret’s cards ‘n’ stuff – My personal Blog!