NBUS #9



On to NBUS#9! Our beautiful hostess is, of course Darnell
The optional twist(s), this week are; 1. CASE a card and/ or 2. Hidden word.
The key word here is optional, you do not have to add the any of the twist is you do not want to.
Cat's Ink.Corporated: Still addINKtive - Spot That Stamp Set - Happy Easter:
This is the card I found on Pinterest and I really liked it, but did not have that cross stamp or the flower stamps.....in fact all I really had was the oval die.......but I gave it a try with what I have.......


 You see, I have a couple NBUS dies I wanted to use........that gorgeous cross die from Gina Marie and then there is the new set of cross stitched oval dies...from Gina Marie also.......so yummy!!
The roses are a stamp and die set (NBUS also) that I bought just as it was turning into fall time.
I, for the love of candy, could NOT find my Happy Easter Stamp!  So I went with this sentiment, and it is also NBUS, embossed with white on vellum.

The background of the crosses was made by scribbling markers on an acrylic block, giving it a good spritz of water and flipping it over onto white card stock.  I was having so much fun I did an other piece of c.s. with much lighter colors too. I do put these papers between a kitchen paper towel (on the bottom) and a clean paper on top and then set them under something heavy until dry........very little warping.

The roses nearly got the best of me!  I stamped with white ink and embossed with white powder......then used the whole outline die.......okay, but not what I wanted.  There is about three dies to the rose, so I die cut the middle......that by it's self wasn't going to work either........grrrr! Then I happened to lay the die cut over the embossed part, the embossing would show if I moved that die cut ever so slightly.  WOW! that made the rose look almost like I had added glitter!
Here they are, I left one separated so you could see the difference


A closer look at the completed roses on the card.

I guess I am not very good at CASEing, but the inspiration was differently from Susan.

Darnell is having surgery tomorrow, please keep her in your prayers.
Thanks for stopping by. 

Comments

Barb said…
An absolutely beautiful card Krisha. I love the layout and the background is beautiful. Your patience certainly paid off. Those roses look lovely. I like the sentiment on the vellum too. Barbxx
Lorraine said…
CASED or not it definitely is beautiful! Great background and I would say the roses are a wow!
Valerie-Jael said…
What a FABULOUS card. Love those roses. I sad yesterday I was never going to buy anymore crafty stuff, but those rose stamps and dies might be necessary. Who made the set? Hugs, Valere
I have no idea what CASE is, but I certainly like that card. It's beautiful I have die envy, too!
Darnell said…
Your beautiful card fits my personal definition of CASEing, Krisha! I can definitely see many elements of Susan's card reflected in yours! And yours - my, my, but what a beauty this is! The background behind the crosses, the wonderful oval, the vellum embossed sediment, and the very impactful roses makes this a piece of frameable art in my book!! Thank you for sharing how you did those spectacular roses! I can only imagine how this looks even more stunning in person! Yes, I'm gushing: it's THAT good!

Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #9 and joining in the optional CASEing theme! Thank you also for your kind get well wishes here and in your comments! I’m doing great, considering ~ way behind, but great! Hugs, Darnell