YELLOW a new challenge for Art Journal Journey

Well, we've landed on the first day of February and the horizon of the weekend.
A new challenge, for this month, at Art Journal Journey it is the color Yellow, which was chosen by our hostess Rike from rike's art . 

Yellow is a wonderful, cheery color, but not many people use it as a base color.  It usually takes "supporting actor" instead of  "actor of the year", so this, IMHO, is going to be a great challenge.

I started with a couple swipes of yellow paint, then being determined to use this stash of Graph 45, I started pulling things already cut, adding a little Washie tape here and there.
As you can see, even Graphic 45 uses yellow tones as highlight colors.

Want to see more ways to use yellow?  
Hop on over to Art Journal Journey

Comments

This is gorgeous Krisha! Such a cheerful page! Thank you very much for joining us over at Art Journal Journey! Much appreciated! Happy weekend!
Big hugs, Susi
Little Artbee said…
So nice motifs and a well designed page,Bravo!
Dear Greetings
Sabine
sheila 77 said…
This is great - yellow then lovely pictures with more yellow. Maybe yellow is not so bad???? 🤔🐝
Have a good weekend.
Wow Krisha! Love these Summery yellows! Looking through my papers now!!! Hugs, Chrisx
Meggymay said…
A beautiful journal page, I love the images you added to the yellow of the background. I will be looking through my stored papers for this theme I think.
Yvonne xx
Rike said…
This is a fantastic page in yellow! Not only the background is yellow even in the added pictures and washi tapes yellow is been found! And thank you very much, Krisha, for giving other bloggers the idea to search in their stored papers for yellow spots!
I am glad you linked your beautiful page to my theme at AJJ!
Wish you a happy weekend! Rike x
craftytrog said…
A wonderful collage page Krisha!
Beautiful yellow Krisha!Hugs-Erika
I had to laugh at supporting cast. I never thought of it, but you are right. That may be why I'm having trouble seeing yellow as my color of choice. Leave it to a real painter to let me know what my problem is. I really LOVE what you have done, and G45 never looked so good! Thanks for sharing this beauty with us using Rike's theme at Art Journal Journey, dear Krisha. Glad to see you here.
I love the gorgeous vintage glow of this... No, yellow isn't a colour I'm very comfortable with, so I'm going to try to push myself outside my comfort zone at least a little way! The images are fabulous, and I love those little sunflowers down the side.
Alison x
sirkkis said…
Beautiful composition and design.