One More Journal, this one's for Cathy

Front of journal with her initials on it.
Yep! this is the journal I made for my Paper Traders swap partner Cathy. (It's ok she has received it)  This is made with a large 9 x 12" manila envelope as a cover and a 5 page (folded to make 10 pages) signature in it made with Bristol paper.  She had told me she liked white on white, vintage, grunge and most anything BUT purple.  Since I have not met Cathy, her tastes sound  about the same as mine, so I made something I would like.   LOL!!
It has been gessoed , inked, stamped with gold leafing and even some modeling paste added to it.

Sorry about the poor photos. Hopefully these will be the last of this kind.  I have finally taken the plunge and started a class on how to run all the knobs and buttons on my camera.  So far I have learned what ISO, aperture, shutter speed and F stops mean. (not how to use them  LOL)  It is a two hour class on Wednesday afternoons at the local Jr. College, last week was week one of  six classes.  This Wednesday he said we would take our cameras out side and take some practice pictures.
I did get out my instruction book and found out where the knobs were and played around with exposures to verify,

back of journal

in my mind, what he told us.  I am pretty mechanical minded, and can work most technology items, BUT this is really deep for me LOL!!
So stay turned as see IF I really do learn something!


Inky Hugs
Krisha

Comments

Rossella said…
Beautiful journal, Krisha. Good luch with the camera
Rosie x
Monica said…
Hope she loves the journal as much as I love the one you made for me.

I can never remember anything I take in a class and need a cheat sheet to remind me. Buttons and the like fall into the category of hard to remember.