Journal 52 week 20

 "Create a page inspired by a book you read. It can be the last book you read or a favorite book."
This is this week's prompt for Journal 52, and being a person that has read many, many, many, and a couple more, books I could not pick a "favorite" book.  Nor could I pick a specific one that has really"inspired" me.  I did just finish "The Son of Neptune" by Rick Riordan, but, well, it wasn't where my MOJO wanted to go....LOL

So this is where my MOJO took me, a little trip down memory lane. After gluing torn book pages down I sprits and sprayed some inks. ( much too bright) then a quick, thin wash of Gesso brought the colors to a more workable stage. A few tugs and rubs got the edges to curl and tear.  I drew the bottom book boarder then washed the books with thinned down Gelato colors and just wrote the titles on the books.  I created the "Once Upon A Time" book with card stock and stickers, then added a swirly!  WA-LA! a finished page that I like.  Oh yes, I do also follow the tv series of "Once Upon A Time" too......LOL

Thanks for stopping by, let me know you were here.
Inky Hugs
Krisha

Comments

Terry said…
I have no idea why I have so much glitter, but have a ton and most will never be used. Tim's glitter is plastic, so not as elegant, but then it does not fly all over the place. I personally find other glitter a health risk in my opinion! Now on to your journal page - love it! The torn pages and colors look so amazing and the outlines are brilliant! I sure hope you have a great Memorial Weekend and I bet you will be camping?
Darla said…
Great page. Don't all good stories start with "once upon a time"?

Darla
Unknown said…
Love your page and the thoughts behind it...That is what art is all about.... Like the color choices as well..
Carole said…
Great colors...I'm thinking about altering a book...well I just
gesso-ed the cover and back for starts...any suggestions? videos or tutorials? Have a happy holiday with gratitude to our Vets :)
Carole said…
let me know if you would like one of the atc's I'm making...I have your address.
I stopped by the day you posted this, but couldn't stay on the internet. It crashed about the time I was getting ready to leave a comment.

I really like your take on this challenge entry, and I'm also a BIG fan of Once Upon a Time. Now I'm off to read your message.
This comment has been removed by the author.
This comment has been removed by the author.
This comment has been removed by the author.
I can't believe I hit the "send" button, and I got FOUR of these. Sorry.