T-Stands for a busy week.

T-day has rolled around for another week of seeing tasty drink and food, hostess Elizabeth always has the honor of this weekly tradition.

To start this blog a-roll-n, here is my desk this morning, same mug, but fresh coffee.  I finally got to see the desk top again after weeks of piling stuff on it.

 I had almost finished when I remembered to take a picture.


Mid-week Bob and I went to Pieology for pizza.  I know this is a chain pizza place, but I don't know how many of you might know about it.  There were too many people to take more pictures than our pizzas. It is set up like a Subway sandwich shop.  You start with the type of dough you want, then sauces, then toppings, right on down the line.  Each is an individual pizza, but I have yet to eat the whole thing.  I always get the cauliflower crust , Alfredo sauce, mozzarella cheese then pile on the veggies and chicken.  Bob goes more traditional......crust, house red sauce, mozzarella, pepperoni, Canadian bacon.........but we BOTH like pineapple on our pizza!!! LOL! I'm not even sure when we started doing that. 


SOME ART THIS WEEK

When I came in to clean up my desk I started making cards, from scraps laying about.  I didn't even put a dent in the pile and eventually organised the scraps and put them away.
They are not very fancy, and no coloring, and very little stamping.  Still not quite there with my arm yet.

This is a print from a piece of designer paper, along with a sentiment on the same paper.  I mounted it on a piece of shimmery card stock then onto a black card base.


A real QUICK one......3 types of washi tape and a gold mirrored hello die cut.


This image I drew and colored last spring, it's been all over my desk and in a few drawers, I finally mounted it on a pretty yellow and then on a green card base...........had been wondering what I was going to do with that color of green card stock.

This one falls into the "What was I thinking" category.  It is really more purple that the photo suggests.

Simple, simple, simple, it almost put itself together.  Designer paper on cream card base with a gold shimmer diamond and one simple heart.  


NEW HOUSE


The front, no color coating , or stone work yet.  It is on a cul-de-sac, that is why the sidewalk looks curved.....because it is! 

looking into the kitchen.......the cabinets are on location, ready to be painted and put into place, along with the closet doors.

Cabinet doors and shelves along the living room wall.
It is hard to take pictures and try to explain what each room is right now.  A little further down the road and hopefully I can do it.  Contractor says about two more months and it should be finished.  Time to start packing things up around here......again!

SHOULDER UPDATE
I've now had two weeks of physical therapy, and I do see a lot of improvement, and a lot less pain.  They have said I have very good movement, for where I am from surgery.  Reaching to my back......well, that's totally different.  But I'm working on that.  I only go to therapy twice a week, but I work almost all the movements at night, in a hot shower, then ice it down until bedtime.  Bob bought a pricey little thing called an Iceman.  It looks like a small cool chest with hoses run out and to a pad looking thing.  You put ice in the chest, with a little water, and the pad looking thing on your aching spot (ie. my shoulder) when it's turned on the cold water circulates through the pad and keeps things cold. It was a life saver right after surgery and really kept the swelling and pain down.  I hadn't used it for about three weeks, until I started therapy.

Well, that's a wrap for this week.  I had to work on this off and on all day.  I can only use the keyboard and mouse for so long before my shoulder says stop, and it's talking to me in a loud voice right now LOL!
Thanks for stopping by.

EDIT: Last week I left comments on many blogs, but they would not post.  I did visit everyone at the T-party.  Just wanted you to know.  It seems to be happening again this week. UGH!! 

LET NOT YOUR HEART BE TROUBLED



Comments

jinxxxygirl said…
Krisha so thrilled to see your new home in progress!! Woohoo!!! I'll bet your soooo excited... Take care of that shoulder during the move .. i know it will be hard ... but behave yourself!! Nice to see you making cards. I need to post another house update too as we have been making progress too.. Take care girlfriend! Hugs! deb
kathyinozarks said…
Hi Krisha, so excited for you and your new home-how fun!! so sorry about your shoulder-I missed that somehow-the ice pack you discribed sounds amazing-I am going to remember that if we should need that.
not familiar with the pizza place to make your own pizza-that sounds really neat-we always live very rural so never near much in restaurants.
I love your art and cards-and doesn't it feel good to get the work space cleaned up? and then we can fill it up again haha Happy T wishes Hugs Kathy
kathyinozarks said…
oh and so sorry about comments-I read that others are having that issue too-sometimes it seems to be linked to ipads
Glad to read that your shoulder is better. BUT, listen to your body, because it knows better than your mind, which can be tricked.

Your desk looks better than mine for once. For some reason, I haven't been able to get into the room to clean it until yesterday, when I unloaded a bunch of stuff there.

I checked out Pieology and lo and behold there are none in KS. Go figure! They sound wonderful, especially since I LOVE thin crusts.

Wow! Your new house is going to be wonderful. I can't believe they will have it finished so soon, especially since you took so long getting your plans finalized.

Thanks for sharing your new home, your incredible cards, your trip to Pieology, and your coffee and beer (?) with us for T this Tuesday, dear friend.
Valerie-Jael said…
Your food looks great, those pizzas have me drooling. Beautiful art, too. Glad your shoulder is getting better. If you are commenting with an iPad, it mostly doesn't work on Google blogs! Happy T Day, Valerie
Iris Flavia said…
Always great to have a clean table :-) Mine sadly over night gets filled again, there must be ghosts, or such.
Ohhhhh, Pizza!! I´m hungry!
Oh, your first card reminds me of the same named movie. We saw it in the original language, Italian...
Love the purple one!
Exciting, you are moving?
Ow... ice! I´m freezing despite having my microwave tiger on my lap. But glad to hear you´re doing better.
A happy T-day to you!

The new house looks like it is going to be gorgeous Krisha. And you have been a busy artist this week. They look great. And yummy pizza. If it was lunch time I would be drooling. happy T day. Hugs-Erika
Linda Kunsman said…
Your new home is coming along and it looks like a beautiful space you'll be in. Your cards are lovely- I also enjoy CAS cards too. I've never heard of this pizza chain and now wish we had one in our area. I'd love to build my own;) Take care, and happy T day!
That pizza sounds ad looks delicious. I don't think we have one of those around here. What an exciting project as you get your house ready :) I'm glad to hear your shoulder is improving as it should. Happy T Tuesday!
Those pizza look so delicious, I could happily eat a slice or two ...lol 😉. Wow, you made some lovely cards from all those scraps too! So glad to hear that your shoulder is on the mend! Take care and Happy T Day! Hugs, Jo x
J said…
I’m sure I’ve seen a Pieology in San Francisco, well on the strip mall just outside the city, they look delicious and cauliflower crust sounds intriguing, I like cauliflower mash on Shepherds pie for a change sometimes.
Lovely cards using scraps, always quite pleasing. Pleased to hear you shoulder is getting better, being in pain is no joke.
Have a great T Day
Jan x

Lisca said…
I'm so excited for you! The new house is nearing completion.
I'm glad your shoulder is improving with the physio etc. Like people commented above: please take care when packing and moving. You shouldn't really be doing any heavy work, however tempting.
Your cards are lovely. Like Iris, I also saw the film Life Is Beautiful. I also saw it in the original language, as I like the leading actor. He is a well known comedian in Italy and I didn't fancy him speaking anything other than Italian.
I've not heard of Pieology, but it is an interesting concept. Yours look very nice but I'm afraid I like mine thin and crispy.
Have a good week,
Happy T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca
Lisca said…
By the way, I also have had many issues with commenting. I have deducted that it is my iPad (and iPhone) that don't let me comment, so I always have to wait until I am home so I can use my desktop.
Eileen Bergen said…
Woohoo! A clean desk top! Now you get to mess it up with some art. lol. I'm glad to hear your shoulder is improving day by day.

I never heard of Pieology, but I have nothing against chain restaurants because the best restaurants in my area are the well known chains like Cheesecake Factory and P.F. Chang's. When it's not part of a chain here, there's not much consistency. A few times excellent; then a disaster when the chef or help leaves for greener pastures.

Some greats tips for using what's at hand. Thank you.

I didn't know you were building a new house after your move 2-3 (?) years ago. You were away from T for a while. The new home looks fabulous! I hope the contractor will deliver on time. Good luck!!

Happy T-day! Eileen xx
And I just left a long comment, but I don't see it...
Your desk looks so tidy now you have made those great cards with some of your scraps! The house is coming on well - that's a good estimate of time from the contractors! I would love to choose pizza toppings Subway style! I hope your shoulder feels better soon! I have to comment using Google Chrome when I use my phone or tablet! Belated Happy T Day, Chrisx