T stand for Tueday and Mid STaTe Fair

 
 Here it is time to link up with Elizabeth and Bluebeard for T Stand for Tuesday, and what a surprise I got when I liked up this week.  Elizabeth, with no help form Bluebeard, drew my name for last weeks birthday bash.  How cool is that?

So here is my drink for this week.  It is a glass of Viognier wine. (pronounced Vee- own-yah for our non wine drinkers)  DH had a short week last week, so Friday we decided to head over to the Mid State Fair in Paso Robles.  It is such a nice big and CLEAN fairground, and we just enjoy going over and walking around, and eating, and this time wine drinking.  Well, I am the one that was drinking wine, while DH went back into one of the buildings to check something out.  It was a warn day, but there was a nice breeze, so sitting and sipping a glass of wine was perfect. They even had some samples of grape growing along the building, you can just make them out in the background.
Here are some pictures from the crafts building.  Top four are art pieces from the show.  I thought it was amusing to see some mixed media pieces.  Then was a bicycle helmet somebody had doodled on, a room shot and a stunning quilt that caught my eye.

There was a metal statue in the fountain that I just fell in love with.  It is an old cowboy and his horse....life size...stopping for a drink, and using his hat for a cup.  The other old cowboy belongs to me....LOL  I thought it was fascinating to see the women sitting and spinning yarn.  They used different types of foot driven spinning wheels.
 
 I had two giggling, squealing 8 year old girls all day.  My oldest GD and her cousin, Rachel, who also calls me "Grandma:.  I've know her mom since she was the same age.  They had a sleep-over last night............sleep ? something I didn't get much of, and todays activities wore me OUT!  But we had fun, they played dress-up, we painted pictures and colored Prima Doll stamped figures, then they cut them out, added craft sticks to the backs and made paper dolls, then we had lunch at McDonalds (someplace their parent don't take them.........so leave it to GM!!!!  LOL)  We experimented with water color washes and alcohol sprays, to show them how they don't mix, danced to their "music", sang to all kinds of music and just had a good time......Phew!  They both have birthdays coming up and at lunch I asked them what they would be wanting and they began naming all these electronic things they thought they couldn't live with out, like an operating cell phone........yep!  They got G-Ma's "your too young speech", then I asked them if they had been having fun, and they answered yes.  Then I pointed out that I let them watch TV for about 30 minutes, while I made breakfast, then it was shut off and the music was turned on....... no electronic games, tv shows or cell phones and we had a great time.
 
Don't get me wrong, I really don't think there is anything wrong with the electronic toys......I own at least one of each....LOL  But fun can be had with out them as a source all the time.
 
Okay, I'm off my soap box and off to bed.  I an hardly keep my eyes open...........Now I remember why God gives the kids to the younger people......LOL

I'll be around in the morning to visit for tea, till then nite all!

Krisha

Comments

I really enjoyed seeing your fair, and the things that interested you. You found some lovely art, at least.

Thanks for pronouncing the wine. It's like Greek to me (grin).

Sounds like you had as much fun as the grandees, but "felt" the day more than they did.

Thanks for sharing your wine, the art, and the lack of expensive electronics with us for T this week.

Glad you saw your name. I'm in the process of putting a gift package together for you, but it might take a few days to do so.
Linda Kunsman said…
what a fun place to visit-with a little bit of everything! Your glass of viognier looks perfectly refreshing on such a day. Interesting variety of art too-the helmet is fabulous! I love how you play with the girls and all the fun you have-without the electronic things:) Hope you have rested a bit. Happy T day.
Thanks for sharing the wonderful photos from the Fair! I've been to the NY State Fair a couple of times and there is always plenty to see, do and eat! Loved seeing the art!

Happy T Day and thanks for the nice comments on my cabinets!
Darla said…
I really like the cowboy statue. The whole fair looks like fun, haven't been to one in ages. You may not have convinced the girls that electronics aren't necessary but I'll bet the memories of their time with you will outlast a new cell phone.

Darla
I loved your fair pictures. I grew up going to the Mid-South Fair and then bringing my kids up the same way. Lots of fun :)

The cowboy sculpture is cool. 2 life-sized cowboys lol

Congrats on your win!
Bridget Larsen said…
Congratulations...cant wait to see what you get.
I dont drink so you can have the whole glass. love fairs, you get to see so much
Bridget #1
Ariel said…
So many wonderful things at the fair. I've 2 boys, 7 and 3 year olds and I am already fed up of telling them to limit their cell phone games and TV watching. Guess that is how this generation is becoming. Loved reading about how you and your GD and her cousin spent the day.
Have a lovely week and CONGRATS on winning the lucky draw.
Susan
Robyn said…
Congrats on your win! How fun!
I love our state fair. It's in September. I spent several days there demonstrating spinning and weaving.
Rita said…
I loved that colorful sun?moon? mixed media painting. What a fun time with the girls!! I think it's a good idea to turn off the electronics and TV so you can really spend time together and enjoy focusing on painting or dancing or whatever. :)
Happy T-Day! :)
~*~Patty S said…
Your Paso Robles photos are super...wish we'd known about that spot when we visited a few years ago for our nephew's wedding. We stayed at the sulpher springs hotel and got to enjoy the spa on the balcony...quite an experience that made us hungry for hard boiled eggs LOL. It is a fun town!
What a treat for your special girls to have some 'real' entertainment that is great fun too.
I always thought the term "sleep over" an oxymoron as hardly any sleeping usually goes on Hah!
Great tea post...you have me missing CA!
oxo
Halle said…
Thanks for the pronunciation of that wine. I've been butchering it in my head. Luckily I never shamed myself by saying it out loud. ;)
How sweet you have "extra" grandkids. I didn't have grandparents while growing up so I did my best to "adopt" several of them for myself.