First 2019 T-day

Happy New Year!
I'm so happy your dropped by for this First 2019 T-day post, as I'm joining Elizabeth and party on the first day of the new year.
Did you celebrate New Years Eve?
How did you celebrate?
Hubby and I attended an annual Bunco party with family and friends.  It has been years since we attended this event, but the family came before Christmas, which freed us up so we can once again enjoy celebrating, while rolling the dice!
The Game tables were set up and ready to roll the dice, but first a glass of wine!

There was plenty of goodies to snack on all evening

Not to mention enough sugar to sink a boat.

The Happy Hour started here from beer to wine to some homemade moonshine!

For anyone who does not know the game of Bunco, it is a game played with 3 dice, and the object is to roll 3 of a kind, of the number your on.  Game cards have 1-6 on them, so when your rolling for 1s and you get 3 of them that is a Bunco! Then on to rolling for 2s and so on. We play four games of six, breaking after each game for refreshments. There is a lot more to the game, but that is the basic idea.
We each pay $10 and it goes into the pot to pay the winners.

We also take a White Elephant type gift, one for each player, wrapped, with a clue on it.  I took an eternity calendar and the clue was "Your Days are Numbered". After Bunco we get a gift, but don't always get to keep it. This year everybody sat down with a gift in front of them, We each took turns throwing a BIG dice, and according to the number we had instructions.  If you roll a one, everybody keeps their gift.  If you roll a four, all gifts are passed to the left, a 3 means you get to trade gifts with someone.  Once everybody had rolled the dice we opened the gift we ended up with. It was a good source of laughter and some of the gift were real dooosies! I missed getting pictures of them I was laughing so hard.

Today, January 1, we are just kicking back and not doing much, I even missed the New Years parade   :(    I'm looking forward to this new year and all the possibilities it will hold for us and our family.

Are you making any resolutions for the new year?

Happy New Year from Me and Bob!!!


Comments

kathyinozarks said…
Happy New Year!! Wow your evening sounded like so much fun-Glad you were able to go. I was not familiar with the game so thank you for explaining it.
I just watch the tv on ny eve but I fell asleep really early lol no resolutions for me We just try to have a good year.
Happy T Hugs Kathy
That looks like a fun New Years! I have never heard of bunco, but I bet it is fun. Being with friends on New Years is a fun thing to do. Mine was very anticlimactic compared to yours, but it's fun to see what other have been up to. Hope your 2019 is a great year and happy T day to you also. hugs-Erika
Valerie-Jael said…
Glad you enjoyed your new year celebration, it sounded great fun. I stayed home, read and watched old Agatha Christie films. I don't do resolutions, I just do what I want when I want. Happy T day and a happy and healthy year to you and yours, hugs, Valerie
Darla said…
SQUEEEEEL! I've missed you! I even tried to hunt you down through Deb. So glad to see you blogging again. I can't complain too much - I see I only posted 50+ times in 2018 myself. Most of those on Tea Tuesday I expect. I'm going to read back a few and see what I missed. BUT....YAY!
Dianne said…
All those snacks would have gotten me in trouble for sure. So glad to see your post, and thanks for the explanation of Bunco, as I've never played. Looks like a wonderful way to spend a fun evening with friends. Happy New Year!
What wonderful celebrations! It sounded great fun 😁. Happy T Day and wishing you a Happy New Year filled with peace, love and happiness! J 😊 x
Dear Krisha, I am so sorry I'm late visiting. I must have "partied" too hard last night, because I couldn't stay awake today.

I have never heard of Bunco, so it was good to learn the basics. Sounds like it was a fun evening, too. WOW, you had a lot of food, snacks, and drinks. Thanks for taking us with you to your New Year's Eve Bunco Party for T this Tuesday.

I was up all night and stayed up until about 10 am, about the time the parade was to start. First year I've missed it in years. I even went two years while I was in CA working for my company.
Kate Yetter said…
Looks like a wonderful evening full of very yummy food and fun.
Happy New Year,
Kate
My apologies again, Krisha. I forgot to wish you a happy new year and a joyous, healthy, art filled 2019.
Fantastic celebrations Krisha! Wishing you 12 months of success, 52 weeks of laughter, 365 days of fun, 8760 hours of joy, 525600 minutes of good luck and 31536000 seconds of happiness.

Happy T-Day!
Susi
Meggymay said…
It sounds an interesting game, I'd not heard of it either, it must have been a lovely party and your gifts sound real fun.
Happy New Year wishes to you and yours.
Yvonne xx
CJ Kennedy said…
Happy New Year! I've heard of Bunco but didn't know how to play so thanks for the explanation. It sounds like you had a wonderful evening of fun, great food, and lots of laughter. We don't really do much for New Year's Eve. We have Chinese food, watch television usually The Three Stooges marathon, but this year we watched the Doctor Who marathon. My Eldest had to work at the hospital for the evening shift, so when she got home, we were able to Skype and ring in the New Year together. Here's to a Happy, Healthy, and Creative New Year!
Eileen Bergen said…
Happy New Year and Happy t-day, Krisha! Your New Year's Eve party sounds like a lot of fun - especially the goofy gift game - lol. We stay home on New Year's Eve and Chris always cooks something special.This year, it was marinated seared tuna ... and, of course, champagne! Hugs, Eileen
Sharon Madson said…
We just went out to eat early on NY's eve and were home by 4. Hubby was in bed by 7 and was in bed by 9. I think Christmas and family here for a week just plumb wore us out. Your spread looks good and the games sound fun. Happy New Years to you and Bob! Happy T day, too.
johanna said…
wishing you a very happy new year, krisha - you obviously started it perfectly!! good health and lots of creative juices:) xox