Lost Marbles

Have I lost my marbles.......this is the second post today!

Since I have Bible art journaling this afternoon I didn't want to start a painting, but I wanted to "PLAY".  I grabbed one of my art journals, and behold, the page was already gessoed!!! I love these little surprises, don't you?
I pondered ( not puddled) on what to do.  I was looking around for a medium I could experiment with and saw that little stacked drawer set with my alcohol markers all divided nicely in colors. HUMMMM! I took out a few and just scribbled on the page........it was a good start!   Next came the fun stuff........I sprayed it heavily with alcohol and let it run, first down and then up. WA-LA! perfect background. 
Art Journal Journey has a challenge this month ........ geometric shapes.  BINGO! I traced around the inside of a roll of Washi tape, and drew a line down the outer edge of the page.  I added shadows and enhanced some of the colors, in the circles, with Inktense watercolor pencils, and white gel pen.
The sentiment was taken off a rubber stamp I have, but I changed it form You to I.
It was really fun to get back into my art journal and not worrying about what I was going to paint on a canvas.
So now I'm off to link up with Art Journal Journey and check out some of the other entries......so much eye candy over there.

Comments

This is really fun Krisha. What a great saying! Hugs-Erika
I love the quote and I LOVE how you made this page - definitely you inspired me to take the alcoho-lmarkers and alcohol in a spraybottle out soon! And the clever technique to enhance with the pencils!Perfection!
I love it and I am so happy you showed this bright and cheery page at Art Journal Journey for the geometric shapes theme! Much appreciated Krisha! Thank you! Big hugs and happy day!
Susi
Valerie-Jael said…
This is such fun Krisha, and I can reciprocate with that sentiment! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie
Rita said…
So funny! I love the colors you chose--and how you made the marbles shine with the white. :)
Meggymay said…
That is a really fun quote for your wonderful journal page, it looks like you enjoyed creating your fantastic page as well.
Yvonne xx
Sandra Cox said…
OMGosh. I love this! It's great;)
craftytrog said…
A fabulous page and quote! Thanks for linking it to my theme at AJJ.
Alison xx