Playing With Coloring Options


Here we are on Friday, this week has just woooshed by! Shorter daylight hours are telling us fall is nipping at our heals like a frisky little puppy. 

Yesterday I took the morning and gave this floor a good pick up and vacuum, then did a small amount of organizing.....very small......more like......just put stuff away..*grin*.  It is no secret I have multiple coloring devices, and I sat here looking at them and wondering just WHY I think I have to have so many coloring options.  I am a person who does things in mood swings and by inspiration, but really........do I NEED a dozen different ways of coloring something???  Why yes I do.........well, in my mind I do....LOL!
Still sitting here in denial, I decided to do a comparison of five ......yes only five.....of the one ones I use for card making.  I used the same stamp and the same Bristol paper and only changed the black ink when it came to using the alcohol markers.  As I colored each image I can say I remembered "why" I had invested in these tools.  There looks to be just subtle differences by way of this photo, but in real life the differences stand out.........then there is the different techniques that accompany different coloring tools. (Where I have said "brushed on" it just means the ink/color was transferred to a piece of acrylic, then I used a damp paint brush to apply the color.)

Sometimes I just want to color, then there are times I want to paint.....but not dig out the acrylics, times I want the colors to be very vibrant and other times it needs to be softer and more blended. 
So there you have all MY reasons why I THINK KNOW I need all these tools......that and I am a crafter and crafters have to have stuff.........it says so on Pinterest! What do you use, and why?
Professional Artist is the foremost business magazine for visual artists. Visit ProfessionalArtistMag.com.- www.professionalartistmag.com:

7 Free Printable Memes Which Will Make Every Crafter Nod Knowingly: I Won't Buy Any More Craft Supplies:

Inky Hugs
Krisha

Comments

jinxxxygirl said…
Hi Krisha! Love the comparisons.... So far i only use my Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol. I don't own any markers...I have a few distress inks but honestly i don't like that they are not permanent... I'm also jumping into acrylic paint... Hugs! deb
Valerie-Jael said…
Ha! If stash was meant to be used it wouldn't be called stash! And yes, we need lots of possibilities to colour things. Have a fun weekend, hugs, Valerie