T Stands for OMGOSH!!!!

SURPRISE! SURPRISE! SURPRISE! Hello my dear T-day friends and followers.  Yes it has been a while since I did a T-day post and there are 100 reasons why.....LOL!  Some how April got extremely busy, then the first of May DH and I took 10 days and went back to Colorado for a family reunion.  We were there four days......thank goodness we took the trailer....nothing like your own bed.
The night before we left we went out to a very NICE dinner at the Padre Hotel in Bakersfield.  We had to go out and eat because I had let the fridge go empty, and only bought food for the trip! ( yes, I can be very sneaky)  The wine is mine and the beer is Bob's.


While we were waiting for the food to be served we took a "selfie"

Bob ordered the lobster..............

I ordered a supreme tasting steak..........then we shared...........and still brought food home!!

I have tons of photos of the trip and the places we saw coming home.  We took a different route home and saw some amazing country.........but all that will have to wait for another time............

THIS IS WHAT MY HOUSE LOOKS LIKE

 41 YEARS of "stuff" that has to be packed............... this is day 1


the living room......starting to stack back in the corner....

 the end of the sofa...............

the dinning room..........only the china cabinet is empty........we conquered that last night!! and boxes are stacked at the end of the fireplace.

No, our new house is not built yet, but I've done went and sold this one.........and THAT is how you get a new house! LOL!  The spare bedroom has boxes stacked all around the bed too!

One of my paint pals knew we were going to be wanting out of here, and said she would pay cash.......as is........for  a house for her son (long story).  He needs to get out of his neighborhood badly.
The morning after we got home from our trip she calls and wants to know "how much?" Bob said "what we owe on it".....DONE!!!  
Her son put his house on the market and sold it in two days......now in a 30 day escrow!!!!!
Holy Smokes......everything is moving at warp speed..........and I haven't found a place to live until the new house is built!  We are planning on renting a house for a year, then we can take our time with the building of the new house and not have to rush when it comes time to move into it.......and we were afraid we wouldn't be able to sell this one for what we owe against it......so we are taking the money and running!!!
We are going to store all the stuff we won't be needing (I know why are we keeping it??) until the new house is built, I'm getting close on the "house" part......but then there is the garage......OMGOSH!! I get overwhelmed just thinking about "starting" out there....*grin*

So there ya have it!  I will try to check in once in awhile.....I will be taking breaks *grin* and will try to get return visits made........and maybe a post of two. .......maybe we shouldn't have waited until our late 60s to move................ROTFLOL!!!
Don't forget to check out what everyone else is drinking, eating or doing over at Elizabeth's blog.

Comments

Valerie-Jael said…
Sounds like you have been and will be rather busy....lots of hard work. Glad you got away for some days and had a nice meal out. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie
WOW!! Life is happening for you at warp speed. I knew you had plans drawn up, but had no idea you would be selling your home so quickly. Looks like you have gotten a lot done in just a few days. I am not sure I would want to move again, but if it was for your dream home, then I say it's well worth it.

LOVE the selfie. Sounds like you treated yourselves to a feast on your last night at home. What a great way to assure you will have the night out. I've done that before, but not because it was planned, but because I forgot to go grocery shopping!!

Thanks for sharing your move, your beer and wine, and for catching us up on the events that have influenced your life in April and May. BTW, I would prefer the lobster.
Oh my, sounds like you have it all going on right now with selling your house - how exciting it must be :-) . It sounds like you had a fantastic time with your family and on your travels. Your selfie is wonderful and your meal looks delicious especially the lobster and I'd gladly join you for a glass of wine too - Happy T Day and all the very best for your move! J :-)
jinxxxygirl said…
So , so happy for you Krisha!!! Just tell me where to send your PostCards when the time comes... Hugs! deb
Linda Kunsman said…
Oh wow do you ever have an overflowing plate Krisha!! I love your idea of getting a nice dinner before travel:):) Looks good-and so does the sweet photo of you and hubby. Can't say I blame you though for taking a good deal when it presents itself. Just need the faith that everything else will fall into place as well, right? Happy journey and happy T day too!
Wow. I hope you find a place to live as that would stress me out. And you have so much packing on your hands. You will do it I am sure. I hope we don't have to wait too long to see your Colorado photos. Happy T day. Hugs-Erika
Lisca said…
Wow! Wow! And Wow again! Congratulations! Now the hard work begins! Packing and garage sales etc. Can I make a suggestion? Keep some basic crafting materials aside and keep them in your trailer or somewhere handy. When stress gets too much you can hide away and do some crafting.
I hope you find somewhere to rent not far from the build so you are close and can start getting to know the area.
I wish you and Bob all the best. I'm so excited for you!
Hugs and blessings,
Lisca
Cara said…
Wow, that sure is quick! Hope everything goes well with the move and the future build. Cara x
Rita said…
OMG! Things are moving so quickly! And this will be a huge move, too. You hardly have a moment to think about downsizing and purging even--just need to pack and leave and worry about everything else later. Wow! Good luck, you tow! Hope you find the perfect temporary spot and the final move goes at a more leisurely pace. ;)
Lorraine said…
what a happy selfie that lobster looks delicious
Good Grief! Your found time to post too! What a stroke of luck that your friends son needed your house! Hope you find somewhere soon! Shame that you didn't take enough food and had to eat out lol! We moved here when I was 65 - best thing we ever did! Good Luck with everything! Oh and Happy T day! Chrisx
Welcome back, Krisha! Lovely selfie and you and Bob. Surf and turf - perhaps my favorite meal!

Congratulations on the sale! My gosh, you got lucky to sell so quickly and for the price you wanted. When we made the big move from NJ to Mexico, we sold and gave away A LOT of stuff. We ended up putting lots in storage down here for several years, then finally ended up getting rid of a whole bunch more. We wasted money moving and storing stuff we'd never use again. If I had it to do over ...

Best of luck on your new house adventure!!

Happy T-Day! Hugs, Eileen
Darnell said…
First of all, really darling selfie, Krisha! I'm so glad you two had a wonderful vacation before all hell broke loose back at the ranch! I wish you all the best with getting things in storage and finding a place you like to wait out the new build! What an adventure!! Hugs, Darnell
CJ Kennedy said…
Mmm. Love me surf and turf. Your packing, moving, selling a house, building another. Oh, my you are brave! I wouldn't be able to juggle all that.