T Stands for Two Weeks

Welcome friends to another Tuesday ......T-day post. Life has been a little hectic around here the past two weeks, so I wasn't able to get a post prepared last week.  BUT, I'm up early today to get a post in before taking off like a rocket again today............I just don't want to miss another T party with Elizabeth and the T-day gang.

With all the running around with the new construction.......checking this and that......meeting with contractor........making decisions on finishes we are often heading back about meal time.  Which can be quite convenient for me LOL! 


Last week, after a run to the new house to put our "OK" on something (trips are getting fuzzy)
We stopped and had dinner at a local Mexican restaurant.....Mauricio's.  I remembered to grab my phone and get a photo.  I had chicken fajitas, Bob had meatball soup, taco and an enchilada. 
I chose a margarita ( it had been a long day) and Bob had water to drink.


THE NEW HOUSE UPDATE

We are rounding one corner after another on the new house.  The tile man has been there this week to put tile in the master shower and guest bathroom shower.  THAT is why I missed posting last week......I had to meet him and our contractor to make final decisions on bathroom tile, after physical therapy.
So here are  a couple of photos of  last weeks progress.

We finally have front doors.  They are going to be painted high gloss black. I've gotten a lot of flack, from my family about painting them, but they were actually given to us :O and I want black front doors...............it's a looonnngg story.


Looking at the kitchen from the great room.  The island will be black as well as the french doors going to the patio and the pantry door.  Counter tops will be a white, with gray veins....marble LOOK, but will be a product called Dekton.  They had just put the primer on the cabinets, that's whay everything is open.


Standing behind the island an looking into the great room. I was there that day to "ok" the finish on the lone door standing there.


Standing in the kitchen looking out to the patio area......these doors will be black too.
43 years ago, when our house in Shafter was being built I wanted a black and white kitchen.  Well, that never happened.....but the look is back in style....sort of.... and I got my way this time! LOL!!


PHYSICAL THERAPY ( for those who are interested)
All is going really good with the shoulder.  I spent almost a week with a very stiff neck, but figured that out.  There is one stretch that involves some back clavicle muscles that will effect the neck.  I guess I got too gung-ho and did too many here at home.  When they say go slow, they mean it LOL!
I have a lot of improvement of motion, but still more to go.  I have PT today and Thursday and then I see the Dr. on Friday.  PT usually slows me down. After all the stretches I really don't feel up to much.  I usually come home, maybe pack a box or two and that's about all I'm good for......physically.



A LITTLE PLAY TIME
Our DIL has a birthday Friday........Valentine's Day.  She always says it gets lost between the flowers and hearts.  So I took her card in a different direction this year.


A gate fold card with a belly band.

The inside, the little pocket on the right will hold some birthday $$.

The Facebook group I'm in is doing a Valentine swap.
This is the card I made for my swap partner.
With shoulder problems it takes me a day or two to get them made.


COMMENT PROBLEMS
Well, I finally figured out the problem I was having when trying to leave comments.  I spent a couple hours trying this and that..............very frustrating time!!  I stumbled on to it by accident, somewhere in the tool settings. It had two blog addresses, one was blogspot.com and the other was whtt:/blogspot.com.  I deleted the whtt adress and wala! So, this week, hopefully I can leave comments......I already tried Valarie's blog, and it worked.

Well, my coffee is gone now and I've spent a lot of time here and it's time to get dressed and get out the door..........but first to link with Elizabeth and the T-Gang.

LET NOT YOUR HEART BE TROUBLED.




Comments

Valerie-Jael said…
Hi Krisha! Nice to see you posting again, and yes, your commenting is working again, that's great! Your new house is coming along nicely, but I can imagine how much work it is. That kitchen is looking great! Sorry about your shoulder, hope it's soon better.Love the cards you made, both so different and both gorgeous. And that food....I would like to have some food now! Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie
kathyinozarks said…
Good morning Krisha, you have allot going on in your life. Exciting about your new home-but allot of time involved and decisions to make. good luck with your shoulder-and don't over do -hugs I know that can be hard too. Your meal looks delicious-we love Mexican foods.
Love both of your cards Happy T hugs Kathy
How exciting to be able to plan this all just the way you want it :) I'm glad you're seeing improvement and that the p.t. is helping. Shoulders are tricky.

That meal looks delicious! Happy T Tuesday :)
Darla said…
Hey! Glad to see you are posting again. I haven't posted much in the last year or so either but when I do then I try to make it to Elizabeth's tea party.

I'm so excited to see parts of your new house. I actually think the last post of yours I saw what when you said you were building. It is a lot of work picking and choosing everything but exciting too.
Linda Kunsman said…
Gosh, everyone is making me so hungry for T day this week! Your home looks so spacious and seems to be coming along well (though i know it won't be finished soon enough) . Super looking card!! Your DIL has the same birthday as our son, but he never feels left out - spoiled by us, his fiancé and others:):) Glad you figured out the commenting thing. I did get your comment earlier-yay!
Happy T day!
CJ Kennedy said…
I like when running errands and it's near mealtime. Himself is very easy to convince to go out to eat. 😺 Wow! Your house is going to look fabulous! I don't see why the black front doors are giving some of your family members agita. Your house, your doors. I think the black will look super. I love the look of your kitchen, too. So spacious. The birthday card and Valentine you made are so cute. Good luck with PT and Happy T Day
I'm just the opposite to you and CJ. When I have shopping and running errands, the last thing I want to do is go out to eat. I just want to be home, take my shoes off, put on my house slippers, and hug my cats while my meal is cooking. I consider going out to be a treat, not something I would do so I didn't have to cook. However, I remember when I was moving to Wichita, I ate every meal out. It was a way for me to find good places to eat so I could save the information for when I finally moved here.

Your house is coming along nicely. I like the kitchen a LOT. I know you are going to be happy with your color choices, too.

I have a question for your "great" room. Is that crack running the width of the room going to cause problems in the future? Just asking. I'm a stickler for perfection.

Speaking of perfection, I simply adore both of your cards. I really LOVE the one you made for your DIL and I know she'll appreciate the gift of money.

It's always fun to eat Mexican food, and I'm sure you get much better in CA than I get in KS. It looks SO good, too. I know Erika is going to wish she had your margarita about now, since she may have to stand in line to vote today.

Thanks for sharing your house update, your PT update (sorry to read about overdoing the shoulder), your beautiful cards, and your meal and margarita with us for T this Tuesday, dear Krisha. Glad you found the problem of leaving comments, too.
The house is looking fantastic Krisha. It is going to be beautiful once finished. And lots of room too from the looks of it. And I Mexican food makes me drool. Yum. I just saw Elizabeth's post about the margarita. A favorite of mine. So I would be happy with that meal. And loving the art too. Hope it wasn't too stressful of a day. Hugs-Erika
I love Mexican food and of course margaritas, both are favourites of mine so I'd love to join you for your meal - perfect 😉. Your house looks amazing, it's so spacious and beautiful! I'm pleased your shoulder is getting better, sending you healing wishes 😀. Fabulous cards too! Happy T Day! Hugs, Jo x
Meggymay said…
Your house is looking amazing Krisha, the kitchen has so much space.
I hope your shoulder is feeling better and you are not in to much pain.
It was good that you got some crating time, the cards look fantastic
Happy T day wishes.
Yvonne xx
Lisca said…
Hi Krisha, long time no see!
Your house is coming on nicely. And your kitchen is going to be absolutely beautiful! I can see it already! Black and white will be gorgeous.
Your Mexican food looks delicious. Although I don't quite know what to make of the brown sloppy stuff... (a sauce?)
Glad to hear your shoulder is getting better. Don't overdo it.
Happy T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca
Your Mexican food looked delicious. (That's one of my favorite types of food.) I think your front doors will look good painted black. It's nice to see progress being made in the new house. I'm glad to hear your physical therapy is going well. You made some lovely cards. I like both of them. The one for your DIL is very cleverly made, with the slot for money. Happy T-Day!

With regard to you solving your problem with leaving comments: I don't think I had that whtt:/blogspot.com thing going on, but I was having problems, too. What I've been doing the past two weeks is I copy my entire comment, after I'm done, just in case Google doesn't keep it. Then I can paste it back in and try to leave it again. Last week, I had a few cases where I had to do that. This week, so far I haven't had to, but I'm not done leaving comments for everyone yet.
Eileen Bergen said…
The front doors are grogeous. Someone gave them to you? Lucky you.

The house layout is wonderful. I love an open kitchen ith island.

Fabulous card for your DIL!

Even without shoulder pain, those cards would take me a day or two to make!

Re your Cricut cmment on my blog: I've read great things about the Cricut, but I feel locked into the Silhouette because of all the accessories I've bought. I'd love to see what you've made with the Cricut.

Happy T-day! Eileen xx
Rita said…
So exciting to see the new house being born!!
Glad to hear you are having PT progress.
Love the banded cards. So cute! :)
Iris Flavia said…
It must be awesome to build your own house!!!
Oh, and that is so nice what you presented your DIL with!
Did I mention we don´t have a good Mexican Restaurant (that I know of) - hmmm... You make me hungry! ;-)