More Red

Well, the weekend seems to be blowing in, and I do mean blowing.  It is a very blustery day along with down poring rain.....brrr!  A week break in the weather brought us beautiful sun shine and temps nearing 80' (F) and now????........not a good time to pack away the winter jackets.  And everyone wonders why there are so many people sniffing, coughing and just feeling down right rotten.

Last week I finally got this week's journal pages finished.....before dashing off to the coast, but more about that later.

Of course this week is all done up in reds in honor of Valentine's Day and Art Journal Journey's 50 shades of red.  This journal is treated more like a diary.....and the difference is????
I scraped the paint onto the pages with an old credit card, stamped the days and dates, and added some glittery washi tape.  The shinny papers are from Hershey Kisses.......oh ya...chocolate!!

There is something about these individual wrapped candies, beside just being delicious.  It is the shinny wrappers, and the challenge to get them off without tearing them....LOL!  Ever since I can remember I have tried to unwrap them without tearing the paper.......am I the only one??? 


Hershey's started making the wrappers in colors to match the seasons, and even adding some designs. Remember when they were ONLY in silver wrappers??

The pink heart was a gift, but I fail to remember who sent it......my apologies if you reading this and it was you.  I like the way it holds the two flaps shut, only being glued to the left side. 

So this is what it looks like with the two flaps open.... a little boring, but lots of room to write.

Here are some definitions I found on the "net"....if your intersted....
If not, then thanks for stopping by.

So what is this? Diary? Journal? Art Journal?
(Oh, by the way my word for this year is LEARN)


It is a record of personal experiences which we face in our daily routine life.
Diary-writing is followed strictly by the writers. While writing a diary the things to be considered are date, time, and place. It is a focused booklet. It is more often always a personal booklet which includes some specific records which are to be considered as confidential. Diaries are considered as quick ways of putting our thoughts and views into the text format.
The meaning of journal means an account of day-to-day events.Journals consist of focused topics. Journals can be of any type comprising of academic journal, daily journals like magazines, public journals, and business journals. It is a report which consists of facts. Nowadays, journals are used at many levels, such as in schools, colleges, business forums, and many others.
Art Journaling  by Debbie Hodge
Simply put, an art journal is a journal in which you combine art and words to express yourself. That’s it. It’s not complex, and there really aren’t any rules for art journaling. It’s all about self-expression.

Comments

Oh wow.. this looks so good and what a fantastic idea with this weekly spreads! Great! Love your diary art journal and love that you shared it with us at Art Journal Journey for Linda's RED theme!
Thank you!
Happy weekend to you!
Fairly the same weather here!
Barb said…
It's whatever you want it to be and it looks lovely with all the red and chocolate wrappers. I bet it smells good too! I didn't know Hershey made their wrappers to fit the season. What a fun idea. Barbxx
Valerie-Jael said…
Love how you put this together, and the deep amd beautiful shades of red. Just gorgeous! Hugs, Valerie
Wow, your pages are fantastic, I love the little pink heart and how you fixed it to keep the pages shut :-). The texture you have created with the paint and an old credit card is gorgeous, you have inspired me to give it a try - thanks! I didn't know that Hershey's wrapped there choccy kisses in different shinny papers for Valentines as we don't get them easily over here in the UK - they are a beautiful addition to your pages :-). I'm off to raid the cupboard - must find chocolate ... lol! Have a great weekend! J :-)
jinxxxygirl said…
I have kept a journal for....OMGosh... 30+ years now... and trust me over the years it has morphed into what i need it to be... It started when i was pregnant with my daughter.... I wrote daily or almost daily and about day to day things... when she rolled over... her first step...word... etc... then as she got older and graduated it became less about her and more about me..still writing day to day things... a place to air out frustrations..etc..then i became frustrated that i always felt like i was playing catch up... I never wrote about things happening 'in the moment' it was always what happened a couple days ago.. a week... frustrating ..So instead i write about my feelings... thoughts...ideas... opinions.. i write about whatever i want to write about... whatever is on my mind.. And writing has become enjoyable again.. I wonder sometimes what will happen to my journals when i'm gone... I think sometimes of having a big bonfire lol I keep throwing around the idea of an ArtJournal... I just don't know... I keep talking myself out of it.. lol Love your journal Krisha! Hugs! deb
Linda Kunsman said…
this is a wonderful spread and a creative way to make a calendar journal too! I too am guilty of trying not to tear wrappers to save for the sake of repurposing for art:):)And I especially know about those striped ones as son and hubby used to be hooked on them. Thanks for sharing again at AJJ!
Nope, you are not the only one who gently removes the Hershey wrappers. I've done it for years. Sometimes I turn them into hearts, too. I always save the Hugs and Kisses wrappers that hold the candy in place. I can't seem to get enough of them. I simply adore your latest calendar journal page. And I like your word for the year, too. We can learn together, dear Krisha!
Neet said…
Long time no comment - sorry, but here I am a blast from the past.
Love the red pages and yes, I too still open chocolates and try not to tear the paper - and straighten it out with my finger nail.
Hugs, Neet xx
I love the shiny and sparkle those wrappers add to your page! Perfect! I hope you had a good trip to the coast. It sounds interesting to me. Happy weekend. Hugs-Erika
Monica said…
i think of you whenever i hear about the extreme weather in California. Tell myself it is a big state stay safe. Following your creations.
is the river filling up?
Wrappers from all sorts of things have to be removed carefully and doilies are also a real delight to find when eating out! This is a truly brilliant spread! Hugs, Chrisx
Wrappers from all sorts of things have to be removed carefully and doilies are also a real delight to find when eating out! This is a truly brilliant spread! Hugs, Chrisx