A NEW LAYOUT AND A NEW BLOG NAME

WOWSER! A NEW LAYOUT AND A NEW BLOG NAME!

But it is the same old me......Krisha!!

So what is going on here? 

 Some New changes were needed, and to tell you the truth I was just too lazy to start a new blog.  It is easier for you to find me if I just stay here.

my new business card

In 2018 I read a book called "Created to Thrive" by Matt Tommey.  It made me take a deeper look at my art... first my painting.......had to get serious here!!  Since it is a new year I decided to make some new plans.  First is to start my own art business......plans are still in the basement, but I climbing out.  I have an overload of marketing ideas, so there is going to be sorting out in that area. 
Thus the my new business card!  I thought Thriving Art was a great name, after reading "Created to Thrive"..........at least it makes sense in my head LOL!

SOCIAL MEDIA

 I already belong to many art groups on Facebook and have plans to stop lurking and start joining by posting my work regularly and taking  free seminars and classes that are posted.  

I had all but let this blog die in 2018..........what was I thinking?? 
ALL of you that follow me have always been super supportive in all that I share.  I am so very thankful for each and everyone of you.

My Blog Plans are to get back to posting more than one day a week.  I'm going to shoot for a minimum of thee times a week.  

CLOSER TO HOME

I want to get more involved with the art community here is Bakersfield. Taking a few classes here and there would be interesting don't you think? Who knows, I might even teach a few classes here at the house!

My Bible Art Journaling needs to grow, so there is a lot of work to be done there too.

So those are the new plans for the new year......not resolutions but solid PLANS!

REVAMPING MY CARD MAKING

When I opened my blog back up there were many who mentioned my card making.  So I sat down and worked on a couple...............nothing was working.......all the tools are still here, but I couldn't get my hands and mind to function together.  
A friend mentioned doing a craft event, at a church here in town, and said we should take our paintings and get a table.  Sounded good to me, but I know paintings are better suited for an art show.
I wanted to get some cards made, that weren't stamped, and not too many layers, so the price would be reasonable.  So I more, or less, started my own designed cards........I still love to doodle so these seemed appropriate and I don't have to remember who I bought the stamped images from. 
Here are 5 of the 10 I have made this week.







I did use Tim Holtz's Small Talk stickers for the sentiment.  The insides are blank, but each also has a doodle on the inside and on the very back........and even on the envelope.
I used a two sizes of black Micron pens to doodle them and Inktense watercolor pencils to color them.  I really enjoy doing these, I can take the card bases and sit in front of the TV and work on them.......this makes my hubby happier too!  I usually come back to my art area and do the coloring, easier to keep from spilling the water...............yes, some things never change LOL!

Some people might think that being 68(almost 69) years old is a little late to start a business.  All I have to say is
"68 is really great, but 69 is going to be mighty fine."
LITS!!!

If you made it this far, you might as well leave me a comment!

Comments

You have some big plans and that it exciting Krisha. Like the new blog layout and hope your plans go well. Hugs-Erika
Meggymay said…
Your plans sound really exciting and I hope that 2019 will give you all you are hoping to achieve.
The cards you created with your doodles look beautiful and its good to see you blogging again.
Yvonne xx
Rita said…
Best of luck on the venture! Love your doodle cards!!
Here's hoping 2019 is the year! (I'm a year younger than you--almost 68--LOL!) Never Too Late! ;)
Monica said…
Great o build a business in the community you know a enjoy so much. Good luck.
I don't know how I missed this, but I guess it's because you are now no longer on my left sidebar, the only place I get updates. I hope you allow me to add this blog, too.

You have a lot of plans. I hope they work out for you and you are successful. After all, you are a fabulous artist, so why not teach what you know, right?

Those cards are incredible. I am amazed at your drawing abilities. Keep them coming and that will help spread the word. Now I'm off to read the rest of your T post.
How exciting! Wishing you all the very best with your business and I love your new blog layout, it's so elegant 😁. Happy 2019! J 😊 x
This is so exciting, Krisha!!! I love your new blog the name and your pretty cards. Best of luck!

May I ask how much you charge for your hand painted cards?

Hugs, Eileen
Congrats on your new endeavor! I love the business card :)
Kate Yetter said…
This is wonderful, Krisha! I enjoyed reading your back story and I agree with you, it is never to late to start something that makes you happy. What wonderful goals you have for the new year. An art business is my dream as well but with littles running around I will have to wait. But I will certainly take inspiration from you. Looking forward to seeing your beautiful cards.
Kate
Darnell said…
Hey, you're using my LITS! Congratulations on getting it all together, Krisha! Your plans for 2019 sound solid and your hand-drawn cards are all fabulous and cheery! All the best with everything you have planned!! Hugs, Darnell
WendyK said…
Love all your cards, very elegant. Good luck with your new venture, and thank you for visiting my blog.