Celebrating Birthday/ Blossoms and Butterfllies Challenges

Well it's the BIG 6-0, geesh that is really sounding old! Since this is one I've been dreading I decided to have more positive mind set and just be happy knowing that today I made 60, that's right it's TODAY! OMG!!!!! I dd this chip board sign to hang where I can see it daily, once I get home. Today and tomorrow I'm here in the LA area for a seminar on life priorities, or The Seven habits of Effective People.
I did , or tried to do an acrylic paint resist. The paint didn't release the ink, so it is tinted, but I liked it and kept going! There are layers of ink, paint and stamped images. Tiring to rub the ink off the paint with a damp rag pulled at the chip board,, which in turn added a little texture, so I kept on going. LOL some mistakes give the project a little more personality!!!

I cut 2 sizes, of two sizes of flowers with my Cricut, slightly tinted them with ink in the centers outwards, then layered them. The centers are puffy paint. The dots around the edges are puffy paint also. I stamped butter flies and celebrate with black ink. The top right butterfly and the 60 are also cut with the Cricut. I'd name the stamps but I am not a home and I made this Sunday. so that is it, waiting for my youngest son to get here so we can go have dinner together.



Comments

brenda said…
Hi Krisha

Dare I say Happy Birthday ? You know they say 60 is the new 40 so middle age has only just arrived like that.

Your piece of work is beautiful, the way you have blended the colours look superb.

Thank you for sharing with us at Stampalot Challenge this month and good luck.

B x
PinksyDoodles said…
Hello Krisha,
Your sign is beautiful. Happy Birthday for yesterday.
Thank you for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
Clare x
2amscrapper said…
Happy Birthday. I like the soft colors of your sign and the techniques you used.
Anonymous said…
Happy Birthday!!! The card it beautiful and I love the shape and colors, pretty stamping:) Enjoy your day!
pinky said…
krisha this is just gorgeous, definitely beautiful eye candy to see everyday. Hope you had a lovely birthday. Thanks for sharing at Sir Stampalot this month.
Pinky
Sally H said…
Wow! So beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us at Sir stampalot and good luck!
Francesca said…
the colours are wonderful , thanks for joining us at sir stampalot challenge this month and good luck!
Hugs
Francesca
Tracy said…
Fab Entry, thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge, Good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x