GC53: Chestnut Theme - Read

OMG! I have had this card rattling around in my head since the challenge was made! May is such a busy month with birthdays, Mother's day, anniversaries and then there is my job! I have been designing fliers for a home show next week, letters to go out to decorators and designers, doing layouts of how I want our booth to be for the home show to be and the list gos on.
I scanned ( which is an other story, it hasn't been working) any way I scanned a very old book, over 100 years, that had been my Grandmother's. The second scan I did larger then stamped the glasses over that image so it would look magnified through the lens. Great stamp from Stamp Rosa. I can't remember where the book stamp came from, but they were colored with Prisma colored pencils, trimmed and added. The book is written in Norwegian, it was one of her school books. It all sits on a layer of an off red cs, and then on a cream colored card.

Comments

Lynne Moncrieff said…
Love that stamp! Obviously a lot of effort to scan the book page but well worth it, especially the magnified section - clever idea indeed. TFS. Lynne M x
Anonymous said…
I love what you did with the book page, the read challenge is next on my list too, well done!
2amscrapper said…
So glad it got out of your head and onto paper because it's a great card!
Kim said…
Love your card, and your new grandbaby is beautiful!! Congratulations!!
Linda Ledbetter said…
Oh, wow, this is really cool! Very ingenious use of the glasses and magnified text!!! So glad you played along with the Gingersnaps challenge!

I agree with Kim-- Hannah is adorable!!!
Suzie said…
This is awesome, you are so inventive. Love how you enlarge part of the words to make them magnified with the glasses. Isn't it also wonderful to have some vintage items from our family. Thanks for sharing this wonderful idea.
Katy said…
Oh how clever! Thanks for playing along with Gingersnaps. Great interpretation of the challenge :).
Linda said…
I love the glasses and how you enlarged the print behind them! Absolutely awesome!!!

Linda