Last weeks guest designer.......Hannah

 Our oldest granddaughter came to stay with me last week for three days and what a time we had!  She loves to stamp and craft, which was really good as the weather last week was too hot to enjoy much outdoor activities. (Yes, I am a very proud grandma, is there any other kind of grandma? I think NOT) She reminded me to put these on my blog before she left and I am now just getting to it so here is what she made with VERY LITTLE help from me.  Her first card is for her Aunt Monica who just found out she is pregnant, and due in March. She used a brass stencil for the bottle, glued it to the card and stamp around it with Inkadinkado stamps.
 This is a card for her Daddy (very much a Daddy's girl) She used a new embossing folder from Tim Holtz then stamped greetings around it and attached it to a card. Yes, she know how to use the embosser and folders.
 She discovered a bag of feathers and made what she called a fluffy card.  After rummaging through my stash she decided to add sea shells to it. So what do they have in common? Who knows what an arteeest is thinking during creation!
 One afternoon I taught her how to make paper beads.  Once we had quite a few made she rolled them in glitter, then when dry we coated them with clear nail polish.  That evening she strung her paper beads with her stash of plastic beads to make a necklace for her Mommy.  Of course Mommy was thrilled!
 Like I said it was so hot the first 2 days she was here we stayed inside.  We did make a trip down town, now Shafter is  very small, not even 20,000 people, but about 10 years ago they put this water fountain park right on main street.  It was so hot when we came out of the store we walked over and I let her get wet.  When finished she was worried Papa would be mad she road in his truck wet........like that would happen!
The last day the heat broke a couple of degrees and we finally had the picnic she had been asking for. Mc Donalds never tasted so good!

Comments

Terry said…
Oh Hannah!!! You are one talented young lady! Each art piece is so lovely! Oh it has been hot and much to hot to be outside. I am glad you were able to get in a little picnic!!!
Vicki Romaine said…
I love her necklace. Would she like to make one to sell?