It started as a Test........

Sometimes DT work can be a challenge, and I had been wrestling around with what I wanted to do for this week.  I wanted to use my "new" stamps, but they are Christmas, and let's face it I am running on a burn out there! LOL
 
This started as a test of a new stamp from Rogue Redhead Designs' new Christmas Cheer (RRD 014) plate.  The test image is the spear looking image, once I stamped the image I was in love with it, and I had just used a scrap of cs.  Ok, what now? 

Needing to do something different than Christmas style cards, I chose the sentiment from Rogue Redhead Designs This N That (RRD013) plate and brought it close to the spear.  Masked off a square and shaded it with colored pencil, also adding a shade to the square itself and to the spear, still on the scrap of cs.
The main white square is raised on pop dots and then mounted to the dark brown.  This is all mounted to a card base the same color as the main square.  I added a Fleur-de-lis button with brads in the holes for a finishing touch.

All that procrastinating and this card came together so fast I am still stunned.......LOL

Thanks for stopping by, be sure to leave me a comment so I know you were here!!



Comments

Don't you just love it when it all comes together? So funny when you have been fiddling about for days, one thing falls into place and ta da! it's done.I love that 'spear' image as well. Hugs. Cindy
No idea of my previous comment posted or not. Basically I said I understand being sick of Christmas stuff and afraid of burnout. I'm waffling on that myself right now. I love this crisp card with its non-Christmas-y Christmas stamp on it. Great saying! More should take heed.
Darla said…
You used the arrow stamp nicely. I like the clean lines of this.

Darla
Victoria said…
Fantastic...it embodies such power, strength and beauty! Stunning work!I have always loved the f-d-lis symbol!
Wishing you a gorgeous-sparkling day!
Very creative! I never would have thought of turning the Christmas tree on its side to use as a fabulous way to ground a banner! Stunning!