Good Bye Dyna Blu

just a puppy in our old trailer
 
Her face was just starting to turn white
Today I had to say good bye to my best friend for 10 years, Miss Dyna Blu, she was a Vizsla and one of the best "people" dogs I have ever known.

A couple months ago she was diagnosed with a tumor in her lung, and I had a valley fever test ran on it, but it turned out to be worse.  She had been doing okay, heavier breathing and a slight cough when exerted.  She had lost weight (which she need to do, but not like this) and I had started giving her more wet food mixed with the dry, and none of the cheap stuff full of all kinds of fillers.  Last week she started having a  harder time breathing, but was still eating and drinking water.  Then yesterday she stopped and refused both and her breathing became painful to watch.  The vet had told me what to watch for and as I saw it all happening I knew I had to make a decision, but my loving DH made it for me and said it was time to let go of her.  He took her to the vet this afternoon and had her put down.  We will be getting her ashes and bringing them home next week, and I will dispose of them myself, most likely out in the back yard. Dam! I gonna miss that dog!

Comments

Jenée said…
So sorry for the difficult decision you had to make. Our fur-babies are our friends and family. I know you will miss her deeply. Sending you kind thoughts.
Oh Krisha, my heart goes out to you and your hubby. We often treat our pets as well as our children, even better if we have no children! I can feel the pain you are experiencing right now, and I wish there were words I could say to make the pain and tears go away. Instead, I will be here, along with Bleubeard and Squiggles, and say a tiny eulogy for Miss Dyna Blu.
Sorry for the loss of Miss Dyna Blu. That is such a difficult and brave decision to make. My thoughts are with you today.
Darla said…
Thinking of you this morning. So hard to do without our furry friends.

Darla
Mary Ann Potter said…
I'm so very sorry. I pray right now in Jesus' name for comfort and peace to your heart and soul. I know what this feels like. We live long enough to love many critters. We can't replace them, but we can open our hearts to love more of them. I send a hug your way.
jinxxxygirl said…
I'm so sorry Krisha... If only they could live as long as we do. I've had to let a few go. But i don't think we would change a thing. We would still want them in our lives even though we know they will leave us... Big Hugs! deb
Rita said…
So very sorry to hear that! They are such a great loss in our lives. *hugs*
voodoo vixen said…
Oh Krisha, so sorry to read this sad news about you losing your furbaby Miss Dyna Blu, what a lovely looking dog she was and I am sure you will be heartbroken and miss her badly but now she is safely out of pain. Big hugs to you. Annette
wwilloww said…
So sorry for the loss of sweet Dyna Blu. The pain of losing a companion animal is hard to bear. I had to have my 15 year-old cat Baby put to sleep a couple of years ago and now my sweet dog Maggie just turned 19. So I really do feel your pain. Take loving care of yourself and dh during this sad time and hugs and prayers for you.
Linda said…
Hello Krisha. I am so saddened to read about your precious Dyna Blu. She was absolutely beautiful. I really feel for you and your husband, as I have had to say goodbye to 3 of my dogs over the years. It is a very hard thing to do. My prayers are with you and your husband......Linda E.
Monica said…
What a wonderful life you afforded him. It is always a hard time and decision but sparing him pain is a real act of love. Big hugs
Monica