T Stands for Wine and Fire

Hello Bloggers, it's time to link up with Elizabeth and the T-gang again.
Even though I am running late this week......more about that later.....
 
 
Two weeks ago DH and I made a wine run over to Paso Robles to pick up our wine club shipment.
We are club members of two wineries, and Le Cuvier was having their "Pick Up" party for club members only.  It consists of wine tasting and food (small bites) pared with the wine.  We go over twice a year for this..........that is when they release their new wines.  We kept our wine tasting to a minimum at Le Cuvier because we had one more destination that day.
 
Over at the Croad winery we were attending a wine and BBQ event.  This was the first of any of their events we have attended.........and most likely not the Last!
 
This was the menu
 
Looking down onto the patio all set up for the evening

DH drinks water, since he is the designated driver.......but he did do some tasting.
During dinner we were entertained by bagpipes!

 
I forgot to take a photo before I started eating....LOL!  The food was excellent!
 
 
Looking down at the crowd that attended......that first empty chair is mine"

 
After dinner, Martin had arranged for a little grape stomping! I'm on the left.  Something I have wanted to try ever since I saw Lucille Ball do it on "I Love Lucy" LOL!
 
This photo was taken by a friend of mine, from about five miles from here.....it was about 5:30 a.m. last Thursday.
This is one of the fires currently going in California.  This is what they are calling the Cedar Fire, it really isn't as close as it looks, about 50 miles, up in the mountains, east of here.  It is just one that we have been able to see any flames or glow from. 

 
This is how the sun looked the same morning at about 7:30a.m. I was just heading out for a walk.
 
 
Almond harvest time.  This is the ground between the rows of almond trees.  They have shaken the trees, but haven't swept up the almonds yet.  Both processes produce a LOT of dust in the air.......and my dark furniture shows it all!!

Looking down through the orchard.
They have a machine that looks like it has claws, that grab the trees, and shakes them till all the nuts are on the ground.  They shake them hard enough to look like this.........but the trees adapt once they get water again.
 
About the first of the month I was out on the patio and noticed these clouds.........they looked so much like angles I had to get a photo of them.
 
So why am I so late getting this posted this week??  I had a "play date" to day with a woman I met at a painting class...........well, we have painted at the same event a couple of times.....then became friends on FB.  I had taken some cards to one of the painting event and she was curious.  When I asked her if she wanted to give it a try she said yes.  So we arranged to meet, here at my house, this morning. What a great day, Patty got here about 9a.m. and I introduced her to stamping and water coloring the images.  She LOVE to paint anything with any kind of paint.....LOL  Then we went and had some authentic Mexican food for lunch.  I was glad I chose the place I did, cause her Mom is Mexican and Patty know the good stuff!! (we were so busy talking I didn't even think to take any photos)
 
We came back here, watched one more AI coloring video, on You Tube, then I gave her all the toys and let her have a go at all of it. Now she says she is hooked and can't wait to get home from class tonight and shop for some AI stamps!!
 
Patty says she has a retired friend, who is an artist and she wants to bring her next time.  How fun does that sound???

 
That's it for me for this T stands for Tuesday.
Have a wonderful week.
Inky Hugs
Krisha
 



Comments

You lucked out on the two wine parties. I'm surprised they were on the same day, but I guess that must happen on occasion. You really look like you had fun playing Lucy.

That fire looks deadly, and I think about the over 100 fires in eight states right now. It's so destructive, and I'm glad you are safe.

So glad you met a friend and had a paint party at your place. I would love to see some authentic Mexican food. But I really enjoyed the wine tasting and food you shared with us, as well as your time pressing grapes. Thanks for sharing these with us for T this Tuesday.
Linda Kunsman said…
Ooh wee-not one-but TWO wine party tastings!!!Sounds fabulous.
And how cool to meet up with and have art play time with friends-if only I lived nearby...
And the grape pressing event-LOVE!! Just saw that I Love Lucy episode this week in the early AM-what a hoot!
Happy T day Krisha!
Valerie-Jael said…
Fun post, looks lie you had a good time at the wineries, and I LOVE those clouds! Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie
Barb said…
Hi Krisha, what a great post. I really enjoyed reading it. The wine tasting party sounds great fun and lovely photo of you trading grapes. I was particularly interested to read about the almonds and how the trees are shaken. I'm sure you and Patty will enjoy many more happy times crafting together. Isn't it great when you just connect and become friends. Each year we hear on the news about the awful fires and they do seem particularly fierce this year. It really is so sad. I'm glad you are safe. Barbxx
Halle said…
That's awesome you found someone to have playdates with. After school starts I'm hoping to do a bit of that myself.
The winery looks like a great time and the stomping cracks me up...
You certainly had a fun-filled day! I've never been to a wine-tasting, but I've seen several people recently mention them and it sounds like fun :)

Isn't is wonderful to meet kindred spirits like that? Sweet!

Happy T ... ah, Wednesday for me, but blog posts are forever lol

Rita said…
What fun! Wine and food and art and new friends! Can't beat that. :)
Meggymay said…
What a super post to read and see all your fantastic photos. It looks like a super day out at the wineries and you did have fun by the looks of things when you were stomping the grapes.
You had a good day with your friend as well, I hope you have many more to come.
Yvonne xx
Mary Ann Potter said…
A delightful post, Krisha! I loved the menu you included. Perfect pairings of wine and food always include the extra benefit of being surrounded by friends and beauty!