AJJ Twofer

Art Journal Journey
 It has really been cold and raining here, all the mountains around us all covered with snow, some places are quite low. If our temps drop about 10' it will snow here in the valley.  I haven't heard the weather report, but I sincerely doubt if the main freeways are open.........this is California and about 99% of the people DON'T know how to drive in the snow.......so they just close the roads....LOL!!!

I have been playing along with the Art Journal Journey challenge: yellow brought to us by RIKE at Rike's Art.  I just haven't taken the time to scan and get them posted, so today you get a twofer!!

Still trying to use up that stash of Graphic 45..........I never dreamed it was such a large pile!!  These papers are from The Secret Garden collection.  I do like yellow and powder blue together.  "The Secret Garden" was a favorite book when I was a young, young, girl!  I even bought the movie at one time.

This page was  demonstration page for granddaughters Hannah and Rachel....they were wanting to lean to use a pallet knife.  They had their small canvases covered with a muddy color......they just kept adding and mixing.....LOL!  I found this photo from a travel something or other and added it to the lower corner.  The sentiment " travel the world over to find the beautiful" is from TH and chuckled as I added it to the bottom of the page.

Thanks for stopping by.

Comments

I love this sweet vintage page. It looks like you found some real old papers and images to use Krisha. hugs-Erika
I really like both of these, but for very different reasons. The first one is so adorable, enchanting, and vintage. I also like blue and yellow together. This is a gem.

The second one has an abstract feel to it, yet adding that image of the person taking a photo, brings it into the realm of realism. Thank you so much for sharing these two beauties with us, using Rike's yellow theme, at Art Journal Journey.
I like both of these pages Krisha! This blue and yellow together really is charming! A lovely vintage feel to this page for AJJ - Thank you very much dear Krisha and the abstract pallet knife demonstration piece turned out super, the addition of the photo is arty and makes it special!
Happy weekend!

♥♥♥
Susi
Rike said…
What a wonderful romantic first piece, this vintage pictures are really lovely!
The second one is a gorgeous abstract painting!
Thank you to share them for AJJ and my yellow theme!
Wish you a happy weekend! Rike x
Meggymay said…
Two fantastic pages, I really like the first one with the G45 papers, you reminded me I have some somewhere like these. The second one looks awesome as well.
Yvonne x
Eileen Bergen said…
Your weather remark brought to mind the song. "It never rains in (southern) California .. it pours.," Krisha. What fun pages: a sweet retro one and a fab abstract about art experimenting and budding artists. Eileen xx