T Stands for Clean and Organize

Happy Labor Day to those of you that are in the US.
I am joining Elizabeth and the T-Gang early this week ( or as soon as she goes live with her post), because DH is off today and we have plans to go have a late lunch/ early dinner and then take in a movie around 4:30P.M.  We are going to go see "A Walk in the Woods" with Nick Nolte and Robert Redford........The trailer looks like it will be funny.........Both are favorite actors of mine, but........I can't believe how old they look.......LOL  Really showing my age.
 
Since last I met up with the T-gang, I went into overdrive in the craft room.  and it all started with this new die set from Tim Holtz.
 
 
Cool huh?
It came in this really nice plastic sleeve, for storage.  The sleeve is almost the weight of a plastic milk jug.  There was a light bulb moment when I thought I could use a milk jug...........they are not quite the right size to do a universal sleeve........bummer!! 
 
 
I had bought a 5" x 8 1/2", three ring binder to store dies in, but the dies made it so heavy I could hardly hang onto it.....old hands are that way ya know!
 
Lindsey, The Frugal Crafter had made a video of how to make pockets with page protectors and a wood burning tool. (link will take you to her video) Well, I couldn't find my wood burning tool........but DH has a soldering tool!!( the blue thingy propped up in the glass jar, so not to burn anything)  Yep! It melts that plastic like a charm......LOL  AND we had a box or two of those heavy weight page protectors, that I had bought the first time I watched Lindsey's video......all set!!  BUT I had bought those page protectors for the small binder.  Better yet!  All I had to do was melt off the three ring holes and they fit right into the box I had chosen to store them in.
 
 
Now you may notice the dies are all backed with a magnet sheet........these are recycled magnetic calendars we get at the hockey games.......and they give them away FREE, and as many as you want!!  So this is now my die storage and dies.
 
 
So here is a photo of the flowers binder, opened so you can see the divided pockets.
 
Then it was onto getting all my cling stamps organized ( so many new ones that needed put away)
I had them in 3" binders......thinking more storage in less space......once again the old hands thingy came into play.  I had stamp sets all stored together and would have to leaf through ALL my stamps, mostly looking for a sentiment......too time consuming!  I broke all the sets apart and now store them by category.....LOVE it, and I know this will work so much better for ME. I did laminate some un-wanted card stock for the stamps to cling to, then taped the images to the other side of the laminated sheet.
Since school has just started there are a lot of places that I can pick up 1" binders for very little money.........love new school supplies!! 
 
 
Here are all my binders stored on the lower shelves to the left of my chair, very handy.  NO this is not ALL my stamps......just the cling mount ones :-0 !  AND IT ONLY TOOK ME 3 DAYS AND NUMEROUS POTS OF COFFEE, AND GALLONS OF WATER TO DO THIS!!
 
 There are 4 containers of rubber stamps that take a different mounting system, all stored in CD cases.........not bragging......just saying.......  I didn't tackle the stamps in the CDs, this time, it is going to take forever to revert them to cling mounts.  I might just do it as I use them......then maybe not.......just have to wait and see......LOL
 
 

 
Here is a better photo of my coffee cup this morning ( I have since changed to water)  I was getting ready to photograph that pile of cards to the left of my coffee, and remembered I had made 4 pouches of little stamps that I no longer want........some have never been inked.......some maybe once or twice.

 
These are miscellaneous small stamps.  Most are those small ones they put in a "set" of stamps.  I ended up with 3 of the same stamp, from 3 different sets, but all from the same company...LOL
 
Anyway, these 4 bags of stamps are up for grabs (THEY ARE ALL CLING MOUNT STAMPS) to whom ever wants them,  if your interested send me an email at: lmogle1950 at yahoo dot com, so I can get your info and get them in the mail........yes, I'll send them across the pond.
REMEMBER SOME OF THESE HAVE BEEN USED AND THERE ARE ABOUT 10-11 SMALL STAMPS IN EACH BAG.
 
So that is about it for me this week..  I have spent all morning taking photos getting them uploaded and ready to post this week.....not to mention rambling on with my T-day post......LOL
Hope you all have a very creative week........
 
Inky Hugs
Krisha
ALL THE STAMPS HAVE BEEN SPOKEN FOR AND WILL BE ON THEIR WAY TO NEW HOMES LATER THIS WEEK.

NOTE: THE BAG WITH THE CROSSED KEYS AND THE ONE WITH THE BUTTERFLY SHOWING........THESE HAVE BEEN SPOKEN FOR AS OF THIS AFTERNOON!




Comments

Halle said…
I've attempted to organized my stamps...years ago. I unmounted a bunch and put them in CD cases...Now I'm drawn as to which way I like them best. The clear ones unmounted of course but the old school rubber...I'm still thinking I like the wood mount even though it takes up a ton of space.

I'd love to take you up on the cling stamps but I better not!! I have more than I use now!! I'm sure they will find better homes elsewhere!
Carol said…
You have been busy!!!! Sometimes it's very relaxing to organize things up :)
I don't have many stamps, but I do have a few and some I've never used. Although I much prefer wood mounted stamps, I am at least partial to rubber, not acrylic because they simply don't stick for me. Washing acrylic stamps does nothing, because once they come off that backing the first time, they simply don't stick well. They also don't fit on the backing again, either. At least not for me. It could be because I bought several dollar cling sets at Michael's one time and they have been the problem. Still, wood mounts are my all time favorites. They may take up more room, but they stamp so much, much better.

I was impressed with your dies and how you stored them using FREEBIE magnetic calendars. That's ingenious.

Hope you enjoyed the movie and time out with your hubby. Glad you had your coffee fix at least!

Thanks for sharing your coffee and these organizing tips with us for T this week.
Valerie-Jael said…
Your storage is very impressive, and I keep meaning to start to think about being tidy and sorting things out, and still don't do it, sigh! I am lucky I can still remember where I put the things! Your coffee looks good, it's always my fave drink. Have a happy T day, hugs, Valerie
TwinkleToes2day said…
What a busy Krisha you have been, would you like to organise my dies and stamps for me? Lol. They're in a mess and I forget what I have or where it is, but I still don't 'get around' to sorting them. *Sigh* maybe in the Winter ;) Happy T Day :D xo
Lisca said…
Yes, I love new school supplies too! Haven't you been industrious! I love to be organised but my chaos tolerance levels are quite high so it takes a bit to get me going. Once I do, I'm like you.... everything gets re-organized.
I don't have enough dies or stamps to worry about organizing them properly. there will come a time though....
That said, I'd love to relieve you of a few stamps.(if there are any left) And you have so kindly offered to send them across the pond. Please let me know and I'll send you my postal address.
Have a great Tuesday,
Lisca#9
Linda Kunsman said…
Now that is some super organizing-wow! I don't have very many dies-only a bunch to go with my Grand Calibur die cut machine. I store my UM stamps in photo album plastic covered pages-they stick on one side and on the other I have a stamped page of the images. I also have at least a dozen large plastic storage containers in which I have my regular wood mounted stamps categorized. Yes, that is a LOT of stamps but I used to work in a stamp store, and a friend who was an avid stamper that passed away left me all of her stamps and crafting supplies. I really should go through and purge some more myself. Enjoy your movie and happy T day!
dawn said…
Hello and Happy T Day! My hubby wants us to see that movie this coming weekend. He loves Robert Redford and I agree, they do look old. Hope it was a good time out for you.

WOW, you have been busy, so nice when it's organized isn't it. I keep my stamps in a storage kit and my flat stencils in a binder. I love binders for everything. Good job!

Thanks for sharing and have a good week.
Wow! You are so well organized! Happy T Tuesday :)
jinxxxygirl said…
Doesn't it make you feel better once you have it all clean and organized??? i hate the actual doing of it but once its done i always feel more creative.... don't you? Thank you so much for the offer of the stamps and allowing me to take two bags. A present for my brand new craftroom..! Happy happy T day Hugs! deb
Dianne said…
I don't suppose you'd want to come to Ohio and organize some of my PILES would you?!! fabulous post, so sweet of you to offer the stamps to your readers... I love Tim Holz's stuff, so I will be looking for your creations using his die. I don't have a sissix and don't really even know what it does, but this looks interesting. Let us know how the movie was? I want to see that one too...happy T day dearie!
Rita said…
It is a challenge organizing certain craft supplies, that's for sure. This is the best time of year to pick up binders and pencil boxes and such. Great job!

I have that movie saved in Netflix but it will be a while before it's available. Have you seen All Is Lost? I couldn't believe that Redford made that movie in his 70s! OMG!

Happy T-Day! :)
Mary Ann Potter said…
I'd like to see that movie, too. It's based on Bill Bryson's book of the same name, and the book was hilarious!
Wow..impressive organized Krisha!
Super!
Happy T-Day!
Wow! couldn't join in this week but couldn't resist a visit - you really seem to have nailed the storage! I am looking forward to owning that TH die too - it does look really useful! Hugs, Chrisx
Denise Price said…
Nice work on the organizing! And yes, I agree, new school supplies are wonderful--at any age.
Karla B said…
I wish I could be organized as you are but I'm not. Wonderful coffee, my friend!Happy T-Day!