Stamp Something Challenge-Show Me Your Colors

While cruse'n through the blogs I follow, I came across this challenge on Stamp Something, AND since tomorrow is the 4th of July this wall hanging came about last night. I know, I should be working on more thank you cards, but ya know how it is when inspiration gets in the way LOL.
I used a chip board for this, spray it white then used inks from Posh Impressions to lay out the background. With the inks being water based I then had to seal it with a spray mat sealer. Once everything was dry I took an old acrylic file to the edges. Using Tom Holtz's Vintage Photo ink I aged the edges, then sprayed sealer again. The image is also from Posh Impressions, after
stamping it with black ink I sponged red and
blue at an angle and aged with the same
Vintage Photo ink. A small red, white and blue
looped ribbon was added to the lower right
corner and three star brads. It all hangs from
red, white and blue glittery fibers.



Comments

Terry said…
This is a wonderful wall hanging! Very vintage and patriotic. Love this!
wwilloww said…
I love your wallhanging! But nothing is better than those grandbabies!!! Congratulations on your new little treasure!!
Lynn Stevens said…
Its Beautiful and s Patriotic! I Love it!
Marianne said…
Love what you did!! The stars and stripes background is wonderful.
Unknown said…
Beautiful wall hanging!!!! Thanks for sharing with us at Stamp Something! Jo xxxx
Michele said…
this came out fabulously. wonderful Krisha.
Fabulous vintage look! Amazing! Thanks for playing at Stamp Something!

Janna :)