Followers

Thursday, July 15, 2010

GC62 Marker challenge

Using markers for coloring an images IS a challenge for me. I prefer colored pencils that are soft and blendable, markers always seem so flat, or the stroke marks turn me off. Today I started with a glossy cs and three colors of pink and really practiced blending with them. This has really given me a deep appreciation for the cards that all of you make with markers. This card took me almost all day to complete! I guess I could break down and try some Copinks, my old Tombows are a little hard to work with. Any other suggestions, leave them in my comments I really would like to know what all of you "ink" girls use.

7 comments:

  1. it came out so pretty,I think you should use markers more often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is Beautiful! You did Great with the markers! LOVE it.
    I too, am more comfortable with my Prismacolor pencils, but have Tombows too, that I will occasional use.
    I also have a few of the Prismacolor Premier alcohol markers, rather than Copics, but I sure need practice/tips for using them.
    VickiR in OH

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful shading/blending with your markers

    ReplyDelete
  4. huh? a challenge, no honey, you have it mastered! wow those flowers are so lovely! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, LOVE the card and the color, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I use a Niji Waterpen and ...*ahem* crayola markers. Get pretty good results too.

    (Jenn from Snobs)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did an amazing job for someone who doesn't really like markers - it turned out beautifully! Thanks for joining us at Gingersnap Creations!

    ReplyDelete