Journal 52

What a challenge this week was for my Journal 52 page.  I'm not sure just why this challenge...."restrictions" became a brain twister for me.  One simple shape and one color, plus black and white............quite simple really, since I like geometric designs. 
 
This is really my second page, as I tore out the first one....LOL  This time I chose a square, and since I had scraped black, leftover paint, on the page I went with that as a background.  With a white gel pen, on an extremely dry page, I outlined the square then inched it around to make a fan effect.  I had already ruined a page by painting the color directly onto the page...um...er.. one of the mistakes anyway.  So I painted the red onto a piece of cs graduating the shades with white and black, cut the squares to fit and glued them down. Now was that so hard??
 
Here is the first page, what a mess it became, although I do like the circle design, the process was a disaster!
week 9 reject
I normally would try to "fix" or alter this kind of mistake, but it just wasn't going to happen this week.  Sometimes it is just better to start over.  I'm keeping the reject and will cut it up for something else, even with all the modeling paste on it.

Hope your week has been a good one, only one more day until the weekend!

Today promises to be an other warm sunny day, and I need to get back to pulling weeds, transplanting some flowers and getting ready to plant so veggies........but more of that later..

Inky Hugs
Krisha

Comments

I can't understand why you don't like this circle page.. it's also adorable!
I should also do something for the next generation of flowers and veggies in my garden, but it is so cold and frosty outside that I am not in the mood for it.
First, I want to thank you for getting rid of that background that made me cold every time I saw it (grin). And second, I was totally impressed with BOTH of these entries. Love, love, love them both. I hope you at least saved the circles. Great background fodder.
Darla said…
I like them both. I've been thinking about this weeks challenge but thinking is all I've done. Nothing on paper as yet.

Darla
Terry said…
Oh this is so cool! I love both pages, but the geometric design is so unique! Happy Weekend!
Brilliant design and striking colours, I like them both!

Love and hugs
Maarit
Lorraine said…
You're so right that it's sometimes better to start over, not that I don't think the circles are good, it's just better not to frustrate yourself. I like your positive attitude that you will use it for something else. Great bounce back with the squares.