Followers

Friday, June 7, 2013

Shabby Chic Book Cover


Since I have joined the challenge over at 1 CAD I decided to put them all in book form.  So I need a cover and SINCE  the Unruly Paper Arts Challenge: Pink and Brown Shabby Chic is this month I have created this cover for my book.  A wash of pink and white acrylic paint over a brown crackle finish gave me the base background.  Then using Rogue Redhead Design Stamps (WHO IS HAVING A GREAT SALE RIGHT NOW) and brown ink I added the second layer, Then came the images from Recollections and Stampers Anonymous in StazOn Timber Brown.  I added some white TH tattered flowers with pink rhinestone flowers in the centers,  and adding a few to the dress form from Recollections.  A pieces of white lace at the bottom with pink rhinestones for centers. clear rhinestones on the Stampers Anonymous image. The last piece was a small chip board flourish that received a coat of paint, Timber Brown ink and hand written title.  At the end of July, when the challenge is over I will bind everything together.  
So now I am off to get a short walk in before the temperature climbs past 80F.  Supposed to be 102 F today and climbing to 109F tomorrow.......looks like summer has finally gotten here! 
 
Inky Hugs
Krisha

7 comments:

  1. How incredibly perfect! Wonderful for the UPA RAQ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the gorgeous colours on this one,
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! Love the composition!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good entry. It is more chic than shabby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it. You've made me start thinking about my cover, too. I've already got some that won't lay straight, so mine are a bit more unruly than I'm sure yours will be. But I like that color combination and vintag-y shabby feel you gave the cover.

    BTW, if you are 109F tomorrow, that means that intense heat will hit here on Wednesday. I'm a cool weather gal, so don't want to think of anything that intense yet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Krisha, what a beautiful cover, so delicate with those soft shades and I love the addition of the white flowers and lace. Hope you're having a good weekend
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab cover, lovely lace detail! Good luck in RAQ at Unruly paper arts. X

    ReplyDelete