My First Valentine Step Card

February sure seems to have gotten here quickly, don't ya think?  Mom was right when she would say "The older you get the faster time will slip by."  That and "Stop wishing time away" when I would wish it was time for  whatever.  Do you remember your Mom saying things like this?  My family seemed to have a ton of them, something for everything!

There have been Valentines all over Blogland for some time, but I just can't get in the mood for  another holiday in the middle of January.  So I wait at least till the last week to get started.  I really only send them to my grandkids, so I don't need but four.

This is my first step card attempt, and fairly proud that it turned out at all.  It is mainly die cuts and a few snippets from some Graphic 45 stash.  So check off one from the bucket list.....LOL

Do you make and send very many Valentines?  As a kid, in school it was always such a fun time, all the decorations and getting to decorate your "mail" box.

I'm scheduling this for Sunday, something I really don't care to do unless it's DT work, but Sunday is the BIG game. I need to get up early and get more than a few thing done so I can plop my bottom on the sofa just before the game starts.............GO SEA HAWLKS!!!

LOL with Inky Hugs
Krisha

Comments

Carol said…
Love it great use for the die cuts and snippets TFS
Netty said…
Love your beautiful vintage step card Krisha. Hugs Annette x

http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/
Darla said…
Great Valentine. Not sure I understand what a step card is but that's ok, I like the results.

Darla
I have NO idea what a step card is, but this vintage beauty is perfect for a Valentine card. I love, love, love it.

I used to send Valentines, but I always bought them. Now I can't find anything that says things like "friendship," so I don't bother making them. I would love to get in the habit, again, though.

Looks like you picked the winning team yesterday, too. I had a small party, but we didn't even turn the TV on (too busy talking and eating) until the 4th quarter had just started. Wow. What a route.
Rossella said…
This is so beautiful
Rosie x
"If wishes were horses, beggars would ride." That's the one I always heard but it didn't make sense to me. I'm still not sure I have it all sorted out. Perhaps the implication is we'd have a horse problem. I LOVED Valentine' day in school and how we all exchanged little cards. I was a glimpse into my on-going love of mail! I send however many Valentine's cards I make. I have about 12-15 I'd really like to send. I think I have 5-6 made though. I'm just not getting into the spirit that much this time. I promise none will be as ornate as your lovely vintage step card. It is gorgeous!
What a delightful vintage Valentine - love the images, and you've created a brilliant step card with them.
Alison x
DIYDesignStudio said…
wonderful card and lovely images!