Followers

Thursday, September 22, 2016

An Autumn Aspen Leaf

Holy smokes! It's Thursday again!  I truly love all the autumn colors, my favorite time of the year, even though autumn "colors" really don't happen around here until mid-late November............but one can dream! 
 
I have had this stamp, and two more like it, for many years and dig them out form time to time and have a play with them.  I swished the edges with Antique Photo, then stamped the image with Memento black and colored the leaf with Spectrum Noir pens............they blend so beautifully.  I layered the image on a black cs and trim to 1/16 of an inch. 
 
From here I really didn't know where I was headed, until I saw a scrap of kraft card stock, but still needed a little pazazz.  I had this die cut laying on my desk that I had been playing around with, inking and blending, then covered it with Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen.....and then just put it aside.  Am I the only one that does this???  Well, it was just what I needed to show off the leaf image....don't ya think?
 
Heading over to Crafty Cardmakers
to join, once again their Autumn challenge
 
Have a great day, and thanks for coming by!
 
Inky Hugs
Krisha
 

4 comments:

  1. Your card is wonderful Krisha, Autumn is really a great time to enjoy those wonderful colours! Have a nice day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I do exactly the same. Your card is lovely Krisha and what a lovely old stamp. I love the colours of autumn but my favourite season is spring when all the fresh green shoots are appearing and we know warm weather is on the way. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have the tools you have, but I sure like that you kept playing with that die cut until you were satisfied with it. It's a lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Autumnal card. Thanks for sharing it with us at Crafty Cardmakers and good luck with the challenge, Angela x

    ReplyDelete