Followers

Friday, September 16, 2016

Fullfilling a Request........

I had a couple of requests to repost this painting from Tuesday's post.

During the summer Valarie.......Bastelmania Blog posted this photo:


 
I just fell in love with it and asked her if I could "attempt" to paint it (always ask permission!)
She said it would be fine, and I could use any of her photos..........in THAT case I'd be painting forever....for each week she has an array of gorgeous photos she shares.  But I thought I'd start with this one......or attempt it anyway........
I really, really enjoyed painting this, even though the bricks were a bit tricky. Being a stamper, I just made me a stamp, with friendly foam, mounted it on a piece of wood, dipped into the paint and stamped each brick..........I'm NOT the best brick layer......LOL!
 
THANK YOU VALARIE SO MUCH FOR LETTING ME USE YOUR PHOTO!!
 

5 comments:

  1. i love it! You honored a beautiful photograph with a beautiful painting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice that you reposted so many could see this beauty and you could honor Valerie again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it still, and hope you will paint more of my photos! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this painting Krisha. It came out fantastic. And don't tell Valerie, but it is better than the photo. Ha-ha. No really, the painting has a richness that almost no photo can have, no matter how good (and this is a a really good photo) a photo is. Hugs-erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see why you wanted to paint this photo. Excellent rendering. Grat idea to make a brick stamp! :)

    ReplyDelete