Happy Little Post Card


Deb of Learning to Just Breath and I have been exchanging post cards for well over a year now.  It has been so much fun to receive her's as she is such a diverse artist......all our post cards are hand made and we try to recycle as much materiel as possible.

This one is winging it's way east already.  I chose to use a piece of watercolor paper I had "played" with at last weeks paint party, to show the young-ungs stencils. I thought it a good choice as it is mostly acrylic paint, and with the weather has been erratic in all parts of the nation, is waterproof.  I did add some swirls and whirls with StazOn ink (waterproof too) and the Happy New Year is stamped with paint.  This is adhered to a scrap of white cardboard form my stash. I wrote the year with a paint pen.

There are quite a few Mixed Media challenges running this month.......such yummy stuff to behold at these sites.
Here are the ones I want to enter this post card in:


Grab our Badge
challenge: Anything Goes


January challenge


challenge-32

Stamps and Stencils
challenge:swirls-whirls-and-flourishes

Now I'm sure there are many more, but these are the ones I chose for now, and maybe I'll get more entries made.  I do hope you will take a moment and visit them to see wonderful DT work and some fantastic entries.

Comments

Valerie-Jael said…
Great card, and a lovely idea to swap with Deb. Hugs, Valerie
I love your recycled postcard for Deb - I bet she will love it! I smiled about your thoughts about waterproof colors for those wet time transportation...lol!
Happy rest of the week dear Krisha!
I love the postcards that you and Deb exchange. They are clever and, since they are recycled, speak to me.

I had a friend who sent I used to exchange postcards with. One such altered postcard she sent me, she didn't adhere the "altered" part well. When I received it, the front was blank and you could see where the glue had been applied. I had to laugh, but never told her it had arrived defective. Yours is truly lovely and timely, too.
jinxxxygirl said…
HI Krisha!!! AAwwww i'll be looking for it!!! :) Its suppose to start raining here tonight for 4-5 days so all that weatherproofing was a good idea. LOL ! I just love how abstract you can be.... I have such trouble with that.... There is one on the way to you too... I hope everything stays stuck down!!! Hugs! deb
Lorraine said…
This is really lovely. I love all the beautiful layers.
Darla said…
I always enjoy seeing the postcards you and Deb exchange. You have a great thing going. I'm going to check out the mixed media sites you mention. I really need to get back into art.
trisha too said…
I am loving the colors on this one, what a great postcard!

May have to check out some of those challenges . . .

:)
There's such lovely depth to those layers - a very happy New Year to you, Krisha!
Alison x
What a wonderful thing to do, a little postcard to a crafty friend. And what a postcard, great design and fabulous colours.

Thank you for the lovely comments you left on my blog.

Dionne
Hi Krisha, loving your postcard. The layers are gorgeous.
Thank you for the visit to mine and the lovely comment. Happy crafting, Angela x