Followers

Thursday, January 26, 2017

NBUS #9



On to NBUS#9! Our beautiful hostess is, of course Darnell
The optional twist(s), this week are; 1. CASE a card and/ or 2. Hidden word.
The key word here is optional, you do not have to add the any of the twist is you do not want to.
Cat's Ink.Corporated: Still addINKtive - Spot That Stamp Set - Happy Easter:
This is the card I found on Pinterest and I really liked it, but did not have that cross stamp or the flower stamps.....in fact all I really had was the oval die.......but I gave it a try with what I have.......


 You see, I have a couple NBUS dies I wanted to use........that gorgeous cross die from Gina Marie and then there is the new set of cross stitched oval dies...from Gina Marie also.......so yummy!!
The roses are a stamp and die set (NBUS also) that I bought just as it was turning into fall time.
I, for the love of candy, could NOT find my Happy Easter Stamp!  So I went with this sentiment, and it is also NBUS, embossed with white on vellum.

The background of the crosses was made by scribbling markers on an acrylic block, giving it a good spritz of water and flipping it over onto white card stock.  I was having so much fun I did an other piece of c.s. with much lighter colors too. I do put these papers between a kitchen paper towel (on the bottom) and a clean paper on top and then set them under something heavy until dry........very little warping.

The roses nearly got the best of me!  I stamped with white ink and embossed with white powder......then used the whole outline die.......okay, but not what I wanted.  There is about three dies to the rose, so I die cut the middle......that by it's self wasn't going to work either........grrrr! Then I happened to lay the die cut over the embossed part, the embossing would show if I moved that die cut ever so slightly.  WOW! that made the rose look almost like I had added glitter!
Here they are, I left one separated so you could see the difference


A closer look at the completed roses on the card.

I guess I am not very good at CASEing, but the inspiration was differently from Susan.

Darnell is having surgery tomorrow, please keep her in your prayers.
Thanks for stopping by. 

5 comments:

  1. An absolutely beautiful card Krisha. I love the layout and the background is beautiful. Your patience certainly paid off. Those roses look lovely. I like the sentiment on the vellum too. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. CASED or not it definitely is beautiful! Great background and I would say the roses are a wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a FABULOUS card. Love those roses. I sad yesterday I was never going to buy anymore crafty stuff, but those rose stamps and dies might be necessary. Who made the set? Hugs, Valere

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no idea what CASE is, but I certainly like that card. It's beautiful I have die envy, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your beautiful card fits my personal definition of CASEing, Krisha! I can definitely see many elements of Susan's card reflected in yours! And yours - my, my, but what a beauty this is! The background behind the crosses, the wonderful oval, the vellum embossed sediment, and the very impactful roses makes this a piece of frameable art in my book!! Thank you for sharing how you did those spectacular roses! I can only imagine how this looks even more stunning in person! Yes, I'm gushing: it's THAT good!

    Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #9 and joining in the optional CASEing theme! Thank you also for your kind get well wishes here and in your comments! I’m doing great, considering ~ way behind, but great! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete