The Flower Challenge

Have you joined The Flower Challenge? there is still a wee bit of time for the Blue and yellow flower challenge.

After all the holiday bustle I was ready to dig out some flower stamps and have a "play".  


Here is the card I ended up with, and am quite pleased with it.  It took me a time to figure out the arrangement after stamping and die cutting the pieces.  I prefer to use 110 lb. card stock because it is a heavy weight, and I can use watercolor techniques on it without too much trouble.

I inked the stamps, then spritzed with water, then stamped the images.....and before they were dry I die cut the pieces.  Amazing thing happened, the damp die cuts looked more like they were much thicker, as the edges seemed more bent than a very sharp cut edge......if that makes any sense???  It really doesn't show in the photo though....bummer!  Of course the cs did want to curl a little when it dried........all the more I liked it.........that doesn't show either........double bummer!!! LOL!

I used the yellow ink pad on an acrylic block, spritzed it with water and smashed onto the card base for the background.  I swiped the stitched frame with the blue ink and added it. Once I had the arrangement, a few pearls placed here and there finished it off.



Thanks for dropping by, hope you take a moment to check out this challenge.....lots of eye candy over there.


Comments

Valerie-Jael said…
Gorgeous card, love the happy colours! Hugs, Valerie
Barb said…
These colours and so bright and cheerful. A really lovely card Krisha. Isn't it great when something good happens by chance. Barbxx
trisha too said…
I like it!!! Cheerful is ALWAYS good, love the color combo.

Lovin' that altered book spread in your blog header, too.

Thank you for stopping by, I'm so excited to now be an official member of the Grandma Club!!!!

:)
What a bright and joyful card Krisha. Beautiful work. Hugs-Erika
Viv said…
Such a beautiful card here Krisha! great stamping and I love those pretty flowers also. Thank you so much for joining us over at 'The Flower Challenge' and we hope to see you again soon ;) Viv DT xx
This is a wonderful card, Krisha. I also like to use 110 lb card stock. It's less expensive and almost as good as watercolor paper. You created a great card for this challenge!
Karren said…
Your blue and yellow card is gorgeous - so vibrant and cheerful! Those flowers are fabulous! Thanks so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge.
Dips Recipes said…
Appreciate your bllog post