Playing with Paper


Happy Friday bloggers!  Geeesh, it's the end of the week already, are you ready for the weekend?  Any great plans?

Last night was one of "those" nights where Mr. Sandman was late in getting here, so after tossing and turning, and messing up the bedding I finally just got back out of bed and had some very quiet time with Betsy (my desk) and some snippets.  Earlier I had played around with a new Prima paper doll stamp, and doing some paper piecing.  This stamp is a bit smaller than the regular ones (actually I bought two of them........grin) The regular size is great for journals and large tags, but a little hard to put on a card.  This "new to me" size works great for a long slender card that will fit in a 9.5" x 4.1" envelope........the size bills usually come in.  Anyway, she was just kinda shifted from spot to spot during the day until I remembered that Tuesday Morning Sketches has a sketch challenge going on this week.  So out came the box of snippets and I began to just play around and finally landed on this LO of pattern paper.  I did back each piece with black cs before gluing them down.  I also dug out my box of sparklies and  found some green rhinestone butterflies.  The sentiment is die cut, all is mounted on a white card base.

I have a new printer/scanner now and it is getting some taking to get used to it.  I scanned this twice and still got some wonky lines..................hmmmmmm!??

Well, I'm off to link up to the challenge.
Thanks so much for stopping by, please leave a comment so I know you were here.
Inky Hugs
Krisha

Comments

Notes by Nina said…
Lovely card, fabulous papers and colours. Thank you for joining us for Tuesday Morning Sketches.
I think your eyes were crossed, because I thought the scan was perfect. So was the card. I had NO idea the size of that card would fit into a long envie and not cost extra (which infuriates me to no end, since mail costs so much, anyway), This is a real beauty, and I really like everything, from the paper piecing to the focal image, to the butterflies.
Debbie said…
I love tall cards! This is so pretty!!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!
Darla said…
Like this one a lot. The placement of the figure - skirt just skimming the edges of the background paper - really caught my eye. It is sometimes the little things, LOL.

Darla