Followers

Monday, August 11, 2014

T Stands for celebraT ion

Last Friday I took my friend, Cathy, out to lunch for her birthday, and we celebrated with a glass of wine....to start with.  Then we had a great lunch of 1/2 sandwich, with fries.  She chose a side of potato soup, a signature of the Black Angus restaurant, I chose a cole slaw as my side dish.  We met at 11:30 and parted ways at about 1:30..........a typical lunch......for us.......LOL

Sorry, no pics of the food, only of the wine.....THE most important part, as we gabbed about everything under the sun.  It was a super great lunch, always is with Cathy, lots of laughing for sure.  I did stretch the limit and had TWO glasses of wine, but it was for a good cause.....'cause it was Cathy's birthday.........grin! (plus I had to drive home)

So I'm linking this up with Elizabeth, our Altered Book Lover for tea day, won't you join us?

Grandma duty this week, before school starts.  I get some one on one time with Hannah, so I'm planning on a "for girls ONLY"

I'll be around in the morning to see what's in YOUR cupa..............see ya then!

Inky Hugs,
Krisha

Photo: Celebrating Grandparents!

14 comments:

  1. Sounds fab what your freind and you made for celebrating her burthday!
    Happy T-Day!
    xxx
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's the kind of lunch I like. My friend Kathy and I are like that: 2 hours is normal. Sadly, Sally is an eat it fast and go kind of person. Sounds like you and Cathy had a nice enjoyable time celebrating her birthday. And the wine went well with that card you made her, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun to get together with friends anytime and time certainly does have a way of flying by...
    your lunch looks and sounds great to me.
    Sounds like you have a great time planned with your grand too
    Enjoy * Enjoy
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meeting a friend for lunch is one of my favorite things to do. Sounds like you had a good time. I have to agree with your card, Grandchildren and the best. Have a wonderful "girls only".

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2 fun get-togethers in the same post! Fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a nice time with both Cathy and your GD!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now this is my kind of lunch-cheers! We sure did imbibe on our beach vacation so now I must be really good for awhile:) What a great grandparent note-enjoy your girl time with Hannah and happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Liquid lunch...my favorite! ;)
    Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello and Happy T Day! How nice to have lunch out and celebrate. I don't do this nearly enough with my friends or family. Sounds like a yummy meal, especially the potato soup. Enjoy the grandchildren today, I am soaking up the kids this week too before they head out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Isn't it nice to spend some girl friends only time? I miss that. Have a great week with your grand daughter.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now that is my kind of lunch--LOL! The two hours, not the wine as I don't drink. ;)
    Have fun with Grandma duty and having a girl's day! Happy T-Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. always great fun to get together with a good friend! some people just 'get you' and that's a terrific thing. and of course celebrating a birthday is important too...happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. And that's what friends are all about :) happy T day

    ReplyDelete
  14. There is nothing better than a good natter over a glass of something with a good friend.
    Chin Chin!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete