Journal 52 week 25

I am actually early (for me) with the challenge for Journal 52, and this is week 25, with the prompt being "Inspired by nature"  We have three very large trees in our yard, one in the front and two in the back.  They are getting to be about 30 years old, and the gorgeous one in the front yard is in need of being taken out, so everybody tells me.  I am hoping they can trim it back (and not kill it) enough so it doesn't split and land on the neighbor's garage, and I still get to keep the tree.  Long story made short this is the journal 52 page I did as an "ode to the front yard tree"
 
I did remember to take some photos as I went along this journey.  Now that I have it scanned, I see it leaning............LOL

I started with water color base markers, after sketching out the tree

I sprayed on some water, but way too much.
 

So I tried blotting it with a baby wipe.........oh h##l no!

So I wiped it all off ( easily done if you gesso first...(.grin) 

Now out come the acrylics
 
 
Using an OLD sea sponge I started adding the leaves

I used a number of different brushes for the tree.  This is the first tree I had ever painted with acrylic.  I now know I much prefer oil paints, colored pencils, graphite and even charcoal over acrylic!
 
Here it is laying on Betsy drying.     Now THAT is a LOT of GREEN!!!
They say the proof is in the pudding (I really never understood that saying...LOL)  So to prove that I really can wield a paint brush with oil paints, and a few other mediums, but not on this post.  If your really interested I might post them with Tea on Tuesday................grin.

Thanks for stopping by, let me know you came by.
Inky Hugs
Krisha




 

Comments

Monica said…
I am trying to use watercolors and having awful results. I am no any where near as good as you with acrylic. They seem more forgiving.
Monica said…
Sorry about errors in grammar in previous post iPad had a no no won't go moment.
Darla said…
I like your tree painting. Hope you don't have to lose the tree though. We had to have a pine taken down in the mts. and it made me very sad.

Darla