T stands for par-T-y

Well, it is Tuesday once again, ( I am really posting this on Tuesday instead of Monday night) but either way it is still time to link up with Elizabeth, the Altered Book Lover .

Last night (Monday) we attended a birthday party for a dear friend of ours, who was celebrating his 70th birthday.  This picture looks like the end of the party, but in reality everybody had just gotten up to get some food.
This is the birthday boy, Radon and his wife, Judy..................and Arley there in the back.  Oh yes it was a party with a lot of fun people.  Both Judy and Radon are retired high school teachers and lived across the street from us for years.  We were both pregnant when Bob and I moved into our house, and we both had boys.  Brian and Lance are still very close, well.....all 5 of the kids are close.  Both families spent a LOT of time together and when it came time for my boys to go to high school they had to remember to call them Mr. and Mrs. Fortenberry and not Judy and Radon.  The first day she had one of my kids in her class Judy told me is was strange to have a student sitting there that had seen her in her underwear...................LOL

Judy and I stopped talking long enough for a picture...........

We made Radon an honoree  member of our BBQ  cook team.

So that's it for this Tuesday's post, thanks for stopping by.
Inky Hugs
Krisha






Comments

Robyn said…
Colorful drinks and people!
thanks for sharing!
~*~Patty S said…
Looks like a fun celebration with all of those happy smiling faces!
Happy T Day Krisha
and thank you for your visit today...I cannot take credit for inventing Lavender wand weaving...as best I can tell it goes back as far as Victorian times...I have been crazy about them for years and years now :)
oxo
Rita said…
That is cool wonderful that your families have been close all these years and your kids have grown up together. Wow! Just so cool! Happy T-Day! :)
Linda Kunsman said…
what a great birthday celebration-and how special to have such an enduring friendship with your neighbors. Happy T day!
Looks like a fun celebration! The photo of you and Judy is beautiful. It is so nice to have such good friends living so close to you.
my cup of tea said…
What a blessing to have had great neighbors! So fun to celebrate those great milestones in life together.
Thanks for visiting me!
donna
First, I apologize for being late this week. I was with Sally, helping her (STILL) in her kitchen. Your party looks fantastic. It's so much fun to share time with neighbors, especially when they are as close as you two seem to be.

Thanks for sharing this fun parTy for T today.

BTW, I'm taking some time off, and won't be around for WOYWW tonight. I MUST get some sleep, something I was lacking last week, when I spent all 7 days doing blog hops and making art.
Ariel said…
IT must be so wonderful to have friends like this. It seems you had lot of fun at the party.
Thank you Krisha for your feedback on my painting. I'm so bad in doing shading and need so much practice with it.
Have a great week
Hugs
Susan
Darla said…
Certainly looks like a good party with good friends. Occasions like that are so special.

Darla
creatorme said…
Happy T-Day!
Looked like a great party! It's so nice to have such long lasting friendship!
Halle said…
Looks like a great day! I still call my High School English teacher Mr. Streed...even though his grandson lives on the block and I ses him on a regular basis...and HS was 24 yrs ago. :)
Old habits...