Tea, crystal and a good book

Time for linking up with Elizabeth the Altered Book Lover cause it is time for "TEA"! Yep! I am drinking tea, iced, flavored tea, that is.  When I got home form running errands and getting 45 minutes in at the gym (gasp!) I was ready for something cold and slightly sweet.  Last night I had thought ahead and brewed some of my flavored teas from Teavana last fall.  I'm not a hot tea drinker, coffee is my starter fluid each day, so the teas were being forgotten.  Now the temperatures have climbed and iced tea sounds good.

This afternoon (Monday here) I poured me a tall glass of mixed flavors, Wild Orange and Pineapple Pop, then sweetened it with a little artificial sweetener (I try to stay away from sugar.......operative word here is TRY). Here it is stilling on the dinning room table with my new Waterford Crystal decanter my DH bought me at an auction he was at this weekend.  I do like crystal, and Waterford is so gorgeous, but so expensive!  DH got this for a "sweet" price and now it is all mine! Besides the decanter, DH also bought me a cedar lined chest, at the same auction.  It is still strapped to the trailer, so I don't have a photo to share, maybe next week.
 The large white pot is my Mother's Day gift from the GDs.  They painted the pot white, then their feet different colors and put them on the pot, making butterfly wings, the black body and tentacles were painted by mom.  It has been sitting on the table since I got it with a vase of silk orchids in it.  The book is one of the four new ones I have collected for a good summers read, and had pulled it out to start, while having my tea.  But DH came home and it got set aside, since I really haven't seen him for three days, thought I better give  him some attention, after all he did buy me the decanter.........grin
The book is "Looking for Me" by Beth Hoffman.  The blurb on the back says it's about a gal "that takes other people's castoffs and restores them into beautiful antiques" kinda sounds like altered art or maybe a little mixed media ...eh?  What do you think?

Happy T-day and Inky Hugs
Krisha

Comments

jinxxxygirl said…
Iced tea does sound good Krisha. The cool delta breeze has kicked in here this afternoon and evening in the central valley California. It makes all the difference in the world in cooler temps.

I'm a newbie here at T(ea) for Tuesday and i wanted to say hi.... I didn't post a picture of any tea...oops.. i'll do better next time... not a very big tea drinker, more of a coffee drinker myself...but i do like tea in the evening.......I love crystal too and have a collection of crystal animals and the cedar chest YES! Hugs! deb
I need to make some ice so I can have some iced tea. Just have to remember how to make ice (grin). Love that crystal, but I don't dare try to collect it. I'm too much of a klutz, and it would be broken by the time I got it home. Yours is obviously gorgeous, because I can see the shine and rainbow through the photo.

Thanks for sharing your gifts and your iced tea with us for T this nearly Tuesday.
Vicki Miller said…
Too cold here for iced tea! I love the grandaughters' teeny tooties on the pot!
dawn said…
Happy T Day! Your tea sound yummy and the book sounds like a good read.
What sweet gifts from hubby and GD, love the butterfly feet!!
Thanks for sharing and have a good week!
~*~Patty S said…
Precious footsie butterfly pot!
And that decanter is a beauty...
we visited the Waterford factory in Ireland last year and could hardly believe that the prices there were no bargain at all...
"Stilling" is a new word for me...looks and sounds refreshing = 45 minutes = WOW!
oxo
i love your pot. i always liked getting presents the kids had made.

the book sounds like it'll provide inspiration for many a fun project.
Darla said…
The pot, the decanter, the book? I think maybe you've been spoiled, LOL! Enjoy your tea, the book sounds interesting.

Darla
Linda Kunsman said…
what an adorable flower pot with the printed feet! The decanter is gorgeous-what a thoughtful hubby. And your book sounds like a good read. Ok, off to make my own iced tea-happy T day!
Crystal Komara said…
Hi Krisha, happy T-day to you! Your flavored iced tea sounds heavenly and to be read with your book by Beth Hoffman sounds like a perfect day! I'll have to add that book to my "must read" list. Thanks for sharing!
Chrysalis said…
Hi - not really the day for iced tea here, a bit chilly. It sounds good though. I'll have to look the book up - always on the lookout for a good read. The auction goodies sound great - what a sweet man! And I love the girls' art work. Hugs, Chris # 14 x
Denise Price said…
Orange and pineapple sounds like a heavenly flavor mix. Enjoy your summer reading; it looks relaxing!
Nancy said…
Happy T day :) your book sounds interesting, the glass decanter was a lovely find! And I love the footprints on the flower pot, what a great idea :)
It's a lovely sunny day, but a cool breeze makes me appreciate my hot tea :)
Rita said…
Now that is one sweet hubby who deserves attention. ;) Love the presents. Sounds like a good read. :)
Happy T-Day!
Halle said…
Your new decanter is gorgeous! Hubby has a good eye...
Happy Tuesday!
Beth Hoffman said…
Hi Krisha,

I stumbled across your blog tonight and was so surprised to see my book in the photo. Thanks so much for picking it up, I hope you'll enjoy the story!
Kristin said…
Oh! That pot! JUST adorable, and what a special thing for them to do. And you DH is so sweet as well! I'm so happy to have you play along with the Summer of Color - thank you and see you next Monday, xo
Ariel said…
Your gifts are all lovely. The crystal is beautiful. Yes! Summer is the best time to have iced tea. I too am feeling like having one now.
Wishing you a lovely week.
Susan
Dianne said…
Gorgeous crystal, and what a precious gift from your GD...so cute! enjoyed your tea...:)